Sacrifice [Angst-Fluff]

Yea this the first chapter. Try not to be to rough on me. I'm tryin. So idk where I got this idea from but I got it. There's blood and it's a Child AU and yeahhhh. A kid gets stabbed. You can leave now if you want.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*
The sound of the alarm clock rang through the small room, echoing all over the walls. The small black haired boy that laid asleep in his bed was awoken by the screeching sound. With a groan and a rub of his eyes, he began hitting the bedside desk trying desperately to silence the dreaded machine that screamed to everything in earshot. With a satisfying *Click*, the room became silent once more. Despite the wonderful embrace of sleep being so enticing, the young boy knew he had to get up. Another groan escaped his lips as he pulled the warm blankets off his person. Standing up is kind of a difficult task when all your senses are left inside your dreams, so it wasn't a surprise when he began wobbling and his normally clear vision was clouded with sleep.

Once the darkness cleared up and some of the sleep left his body, the boy tiredly walked over to the little switch while dragging both feet along with him. When flipped on, the switch blew the room up with a shimmering bright light that filled every corner. Wincing, he followed his routine he has done oh-so-many times and began getting ready for the day. Exiting the room, the boy walked downstairs into the kitchen that had the delicious smell of pancakes engulf the air. When he entered, he was met with two people. A woman and a man. The woman stood by the stove, cooking the pancakes. Now he knew where the enticing smell came from. The man sat on a chair with a newspaper opened up to the 'daily news' section. Both had smiles on their faces.

"Oh! Good morning Phoenix. How did you sleep?" Phoenix pulled a second chair out from the table and responded with a "good". His father looked up from the paper to his son. "How have you been doing in school?". "Good". Unable to understand how his parents where able to be so cheery, especially at 7 in the morning, Phoenix' replies remained short. In a matter of minutes, a plate was set in front both boys with two pancakes on top. Syrup dripping down the sides with golden butter sitting on top of its delicious throne. A glass of chocolate milk sat beside its breakfast companion along with a napkin, fork and knife. Of course not to sharp.

With the sight of this masterpiece in front of him, stars gathered in the spike haired boys eyes and he quickly began to dig in. A worried expression emerged on his mother's face. "Phoenix please! Slow down we don't want you to choke again!". Not wanting to have a repeat of last time he ate to fast, Phoenix slowed down inhaling his food. The blue eyed boy finished his breakfast and hurried along to fill his backpack and rushed outside, yelling his "goodbyes" and "I love you's". Running up the sidewalk, Phoenix arrived to the bus stop and waited. What was he waiting for? Well obviously the bus, but he was also waiting for 1 of his 2 best friends Miles Edgeworth. After 5 minutes of waiting, the small figure of a boy was seen in the distance.

"MILES! HEY HURRY UP!" The young boy shouted. After a few more minutes of waiting, Miles found his way to his friend. "Hello Phoenix. How are you?". Bouncing with excitement, Phoenix began explaining how his morning went, Like someone who hasn't seen their friend in 20 years. The bus finally rolled up and the two boys got on. Walking down the isles, there was the loud voices of the children riding. Paper balls being thrown, spit balls being shot, a few explicit words being shared. The usual. Making their way to the back of the bus, the duo met up with the third member of their trio. Larry Butz.

"Hey Nick! Hey Miles! Wasup?" The two sat down on the seat next to their friend. Miles got the window seat and Phoenix got the isle seat next to Larry. During the majority of the trip, Edgeworth stayed silent staring out the window as the other two conversated With one another. His silence did not go unnoticed for the whole ride however. "Hey Myes? Are you ok? You've been super quiet.". Miles turned over to look at his friends watching him, waiting for an answer.