Rescue the Neko [Request]

Aughhhh! I'm so sorry for how long this took! This was a request by TicciToby_233 again I'm so sorry for how long this took! This oneshot is about Nekos and Humans living along side each other. But Neko's sell for a ton of money on the dark web. It's up to detective Miles Edgeworth to save a kidnapped Phoenix Wright!

Warnings! - Cursing, Kidnapping, Violence, Angst, and Human Branding

There was something that walked among side humans and animals. Something that could not be put into the category 'human' or 'animal'. It was something that was both. The Nekos.

At first glance they appear to fall in the humanoid category. But upon closer inspection it's obvious that they have the traits of different species of feline. Hence, they are called also known as hybrids.

It's rare to actually see one. A one in one thousand chance for one to be born. Many dream of what it would be like to have the ears and tail of a cat. But it's not all fun and games.

They can be sold for a shit ton of money. Different things about the certain Neko can change how much they go for on the black market. Their personalities and their over all health throw in a factor. A rowdy and unhealthy Neko would go for way less then an obedient one.

It's not legal to sell or own them, but criminals do it without question. Anyone on the black market would be willing to pay a fortune for a hybrid. All you need to be set for life is find a Neko and sell them. You'd have enough money to buy all the luxuries of life and still have lots left over.

All hybrids have the choice to live along side humans, or instead find a home away from humanity. Most would want to be among side people, but living in constant fear of being kidnapped was no way to live.

It was pretty uncommon to see animal ears atop a human walking down the streets. The Nekos quickly realized that whenever they would leave their homes in cities, other citizens would flock them and take pictures of what the simple minded one called a 'deformity'.So the those that lived along side humans hid their feline traits from the public.

Miles Edgeworth was a human, though not a normal citizen. He instead had the job of saving all Nekos from loosing their freedom to  the sickos that would sell a living being for their own selfish desires.

He was the head police chief in the hybrid protection program. He had the greatest task of all. Most times whenever someone was suspended of harboring a Neko, Miles was the one to go undercover and pretend to be a buyer. If they target went through with the transaction, they would be arrested on the spot and the hybrid would be taken to a care center.

There was one Neko in particular that always baffled Edgeworth. His name was Phoenix Wright, a prosperous defense attorney who made no attempts to hide the ears on his head or the tail on his backside.

It seemed that he had no fear of the potential of being taken from the life he had and getting sold off to do who knows what to who knows who. When questioned by local news outlets, all he ever has said to the public was that he was 'a lucky guy.'

Though now wasn't the time to think about that. Right now, the grey haired man was strolling down the side walk, on his way to purchase a petite, young Neko from a female that managed to snag her away from her family.

'3 million dollars.' Miles thought to himself. Not as expensive as originally thought, but still a lot of money either way. As he walked down the street, he made sure to adjust the wig atop his head and push the comically large glasses further up his face.

He had somehow become famous, or at least well known, enough that when people spot his piercing eyes and shiny silver hair, they would usually in away from the deal and abandoning the Neko to get away faster.