XIX

"hey, namjoon?"

i look up from my book to see yoongi standing in front of me.

"yeah, yoongi?" i say, closing my book and sitting up straight.

"so.. you're wise.. right?" he says awkwardly.

i chuckle.

"i like to think so, why?"

yoongi sits down on the chair next to me, dropping his bag onto the floor and putting his head in his hands.

"i fucked up."

half frowning, i stroke yoongis back in comfort. what was i meant to do? i don't know how to show physical affection to people.

"it's okay, you can tell me." i smile.

he starts to talk, still not looking at me.

"i-i think i upset someone. but like. worse. like i absolutely ruined them, all because i didn't know something about them and tried to forcefully make them tell me."

i sigh, yoongi just doesn't know boundaries.

"well, you can't force someone to say something if they're not comfortable with it. i'm guessing its.. jimin? the mute?"

yoongi looks up at me with tearful eyes, nodding.

"i get your intention, you just wanted some sort of clarification—"

"woah, big word." he says.

"you just wanted him to tell you he was mute, not just seem like he was ignoring you, but you still have to think about other people's situations, not just your own." i smile gently.

yoongi nods, slowly.

"so.. what do i do now?" yoongi asks.

"um.. have you tried talking to him?" i suggest.

"wow, no namjoon. i haven't thought of that!" yoongi says sarcastically.

i laugh.

"okay so, maybe just, talk to his friends?"

"nope, already tried that.

"there's only two options now. you can either go to his house to talk to him privately, but knowing you, that's way out of your comfort zone, so i'd say to write him some notes and stick them in this desk or locker. make sure to make write them carefully and sincerely."

yoongi smiles gratefully.

"thank you so much, namjoon."

"no problem, yoongi. you can come talk to me anytime you want. i'll just be here."

yoongi stands up, slinging his bag onto his shoulder before walking off.

i'm proud of him, he's starting to show his true emotions. it was really out of no where, usually he wouldn't care if he hurt someone's feelings, but i guess somethings different about jimin, something.. special.

-

i keep forgetting about this book i'm sorry.