Teen Fiction - Killer Queen: A Disasterpiece by @TaylorBryant787

We're back with another interview! Today, we here with TaylorBryant787 , whose story Killer Queen: A Disasterpiece won first place in the teen fiction category of our awards. We're excited to find out more about her and her story, so let's get right the interview.

1. What was your inspiration for your winning story Killer Queen: A Disasterpiece?

I lived it lol But not only that, when I found out really how many people were going through the same thing, I thought it was my duty to share my story and spare people the hardships I went through if possible.

2. What was your favorite part of writing Killer Queen: A Disasterpiece, and what was the most challenging part?

The most fun was going back through all of my conversation books with Kiwi and reminiscing about our high school days and all the things we said that would be mortifying now. The most challenging was writing about my panic attacks over Dan and the way it affected my mom. That really took me right back there and it was pretty painful to relive.

3. If you had to pick one song that you feel represents or speaks to your story, what would it be?

That's a tough one because I'm obsessed with music. Either Love Kills- Joe Strummer, Middle Finger- MISSIO or Notion- Kings of Leon

4. Who are some of your favorite authors or favorite books?

I actually only read non-fiction, even though I only write teen fiction. My favorite fiction author is J.D. Salinger. His writing is so real and sarcastic; it cracks me up and it's so relatable.

5. What are some of your hobbies outside of writing?

Painting, makeup, telling people what to do, vodka, spotify surfing, cooking, and teaching soul cycle.

6. Where would you go for your dream vacation?

Either back packing through Europe or staying in one of those ocean huts in Bora Bora.

7. If you were transported back in time and could only bring one thing, what would it be

Headphones. I don't care who you are or what time period I'm in, don't talk to me.

8. Where do you see your writing journey going in the future?

Straight shot to the New York Times best seller list. Just Kidding! I really don't know, because I have a natural knack for it but I've never wanted to be a full time writer. So, if I can accomplish something doing it as a hobby, that'd be great.

9. What is your dream career?

Either an actress or lead singer of a rock band...but we'd probably break up because I'm too bossy.

10. If you could be any mythical creature, what would it be and why?

Is that even a question? A unicorn, obviously. I've been told I'm a unicorn in a human costume several times this week.