twenty. woman

real life

The voices of many around filled Harry's ears as a built-up sigh left his mouth

The voices of many around filled Harry's ears as a built-up sigh left his mouth. He lifted his drink took a sip then let his eyes continue to wander from afar watching Ariana and Tom. She had been letting out small laughs over something Tom said that Harry couldn't quite make out. After all, he did decide to stand far across the room from them for the rest of the night. It was an awfully upsetting sight of the two being all over each other. hands oddly making short contact anytime they laughed at poor jokes, bodies being leaned on one another, and he despised every agonizing minute of it. He wanted, no, needed a reason to leave but everything he would come up with wasn't good enough. he would rather bear it than let his mind conjure up what they could end up doing.

Ariana's parties were never a bore to him— especially ones for any music release. Ariana's reason for hosting was for her fourth studio album titled "Sweetener." The lead single was being released tonight and everyone close to her by any means was of course present. meaning his place there was expected.

Genuinely Harry was excited for it. Even if he hadn't got to hear any bit of it, not counting the small parts Ariana would hum unconsciously. He loved anything that had to do with her and anything that had to do with music. They were two of his favorite things. though Ariana would like to claim otherwise. She would sometimes say "That music was his real soulmate" with a gentle smile always joined.

his eyes focused completely on the girl who had his delicate heart wrapped around her fingers. He knew he was doomed since the moment she laid her head on his chest. Harry looked over one more time and saw Tom push a piece of her hair, that was rarely ever out of a ponytail, behind her ear.

Harry's fingers gripped tightly around
the glass full of wine in his hand, it was selfish but he never wanted to see her with him.

Tom was a good guy, Harry knew that. He had nothing against him except for the obvious reason that Tom fancied Ariana himself. Tom even asked Harry if he had any chance with Ariana, Harry laughed to himself when those words fell from Tom's mouth.

"You're jealous." he heard from a voice behind him. Ryan. One of Ariana's best friends. 

"jealous? never," Harry replied. He kept his eyesight on the two. Tom would casually brush his hand on Ariana's arm or her hand. Harry could tell you every movement he was making. his eyes would not leave from them. Harry knew that he should've been the one doing that, Tom was right where he should be. He should've been the one placing his hand with his cold rings up to brush her face.

"The jealousy is literally jumping out of you, styles." Ryan laughed causing Harry to roll his eyes playfully.

"Hold my drink, love," Harry said passing his drink to Ryan as he began walking towards Ariana and Tom who were still conversing across the large and long room filled with many people.

He had stopped walking once he saw Tom's lips connect to his girl's cheek. Harry felt a lump begin to form in his throat and he felt completely sick to his stomach. He quickly turned around, keeping his composure, and making his way to the door. Fresh air was now the only thing on his mind.

Harry didn't know where he was going to go or where his feet were going to lead him. sooner than later he found the empty alleyway next to Ariana's apartment. He sat down on the curb, his thoughts tore through his mind like millions of termites in a house.

He now knew he loved Ariana. It wasn't just 'Oh you're one of my best friends in the entire world and I love you' It was never that, it couldn't ever just be that, it was always, 'i'm so in love with you that I can't eat, sleep, or think without you coming across my mind' type of love. He knew that and he knew Ariana knew that, they just didn't know that one other felt like that.

"harry? What's wrong? what are you doing out here, it's dark and starting to get cold." the voice he wanted so desperately to want to hear echoed through the alleyway. He slowly turned his head to look up at Ariana whose face was noticeably filled with concern.

Harry sighed rubbing his hands over his face before glancing back to her. "I think I just need a second of air. To breathe. "

"Harry. I can tell you're not okay. We're best friends, you can tell me anything." Ariana assured him as she sat down right next to him on the curb.

"Best friends," Harry repeated, saying it as if it was a sour venom to his tongue. "Is that what you are with Tom, too? best friends." he chuckled, obviously unamused.

"What do you mean?" she questioned becoming confused with what he was indicating. She didn't know why Harry was acting like this, just two weeks ago he and Tom got along quite well.

"I mean do you love him as you
love me?" Harry asked turning his head to Ariana who was already looking at him. 

"Harry-" Ariana scoffed, pausing and glancing away from him. "If you are asking if I care about Tom, then yes I do care about him like I care about you." She paused once more taking a small deep breath as she looked up, looking directly into his eyes. Neither one of them dared to break eye contact. It was intense but they didn't mind. "But if you are asking if I'm in love with Tom? then no because, Harry, I'm in love with you," she admitted. She heard Harry let out a long sigh of relief before not even a second later she felt his soft lips smash onto hers.

Ariana slowly pulled away. a smile tugging on the corners of her lips as Harry's large hands held her cheeks.

"Let's go home and watch some Powerpuff Girls." Ariana chuckled pecking his lips one more time.

"That sounds lovely, but I have more question for you, Be my girlfriend, ay?" Harry asked laughing with his cheeky large smile that could never get old.

"Well how could I ever say no"

* this is horrible. bye.
HDSSKHFSGB.

____

Liked by harrystyles, mileycyrus, ryandestiny, and 9,763,814 others

arianagrande: 🥺🥰

comments have been disabled

MESSAGES
yeah so it's been forever