Raging Waters

Hey! Well, this is my first time ever being on Wattpad. This is fanfic I wanted to post for a while and I decided to start here.

My follow-along to PMD Explorers of Sky. This will contain Hero/Partner later on.

Hope you like it!

Game Over?

Prologue: Raging Waters

“Sacrifice for love, love for sacrifice. That may be the price you pay.”

He was gripping my hand, telling me not to let go. 

“Like I’d let go! You think I wanna die?!” I was holding onto his arm with a steel grasp.

BOOM!

Lightning struck, then thunder sounded. Rain started to pour down harder, pounding onto us. I’d read about lightning. If it struck you, you could die. But that had never scared me before. The books, however, had never said anything on how fucking scary it would be to see and hear.

“Stop being such a smart ass and hold on!” he yelled to me. I squeezed my eyes shut. Even though we were so close to each other, it was difficult to hear him. I grit my teeth. “Well, then…” The rain was beginning to sting my face. And it was just so cold. From my waist down, I was numb. I’d slipped and had fallen into the water. I probably would have drowned if he hadn’t caught me.

“Being a smart ass is my way of coping,” I said, although I knew he couldn’t hear me. Cracking one of my eyes open, I looked at him. Nope, didn’t hear me. So, louder, I told him, “Quick, pull me up! Or I’ll be frozen before we get there!” As I wrapped my arms around his shoulders to get more support, I attempted to move my legs to help him. I couldn’t tell if they were moving or not, though.

BOOM!

Thunder first, then another flash of lightning. Startled, I tug my nails into his shoulders. He gave a grunt. “Whoa! Don’t—” I felt myself slide out of his grasp slightly. Instinctively, I loosened my grip, sliding even more. “A-are you okay?!”

The shock from the lightning had knocked my senses out of focus. I couldn’t comprehend much except light over and over and over again.

“No! Don’t let go!”

His voice brought me back.

“I’m trying! I-I can’t feel my hands!!”

“It’s just—just a little longer…” He was pulling me onto our boat. Again. “Come on, hold onto me!”

I was about to say, “I would if I could but I can’t” when, yet again, lightning flashed again. And again. A third time.

And I started falling back into the cold, cold water. “N-no!” A jolt of pain cascaded up my body, causing me to tense up, as I hit the water. I flailed my arms, trying to latch onto him, onto the boat, onto anything. My head was going under. I swallowed the cold, salty water. I breathed it in, too. It felt as though my lungs were about to burst. Choking, I flailed some more. My body began shaking uncontrollably and I suddenly felt parched. But then he grabbed me and started tugging on my wrists. I could feel myself tremble. I could feel him tremble. Was it from the rain? Or the shock of the lightning? Maybe it was from the water? I coughed out the water after my head was out. Ugh, now that had been awful.

“D-d-don’t let g-go,” he heaved to me. He’d pulled me up so that my head was by his chest now. I couldn’t feel anything. My vision started to blur. Was I crying? He was looking at me, green hair soaked. There were some droplets running down his cheeks. Was he crying, too? I didn’t think so. He never really cries. It must be from the rain. “If y-you do-o, the-en I’m gonna k-kill you wh-when we get ou-ut of here…”

I smiled, my vision getting even blurrier. A salty flavor rested between my lips and I knew that I was crying. This definitely wasn’t from the water. And I knew why I was crying. I was going to fall in. I knew it. Letting out a shaky breath, he tried to lift up the rest of my body. It didn’t matter much anymore, though. I couldn’t feel anything and I was going to fall no matter what. Why should he get me out of the water?

Oh, yeah. I could die if I stayed in the water for much longer. He was trying to save my life. How many times has he tried to save me before? Too many to count. He was trying his best to get me up onto the boat. I know he was. Because he always tries his best at everything. Especially, when it comes to me. But I wasn’t about to have him die saving me. “I’m n-not gonna d-die… An-nd neither are… y-you…” He pulled again and I was right by his ear now. He could hear me. I know he could. My arms, which had been hanging limply at my sides, now reacted for me. I raised them both to hang loosely over the edge of the boat, giving myself some leverage.

Sniffling, I lowered myself away from him and into the water.

“Huh? Wha-what are you doing?!” he screeched. I ignored him. Thinking quickly, he tucked one of his arms around my abdomen, surprising me. We were almost there. I could feel the dizziness coming on. The shift of Time was going to happen very, very soon.

I struggled away, slipping out of his grasp easily. “Ah! NO!” I started flailing because I realized that the wind was blowing towards me, onto my back. I was in a free fall. Of all places for me to fall, it had to be right by a waterfall. Damn my luck, damn my luck to Hell.

I could see him reaching out for me. He was screaming but I couldn’t understand him. I wanted to tell him how sorry I was. Not because I sacrificed myself to save him, oh no. I wanted to say sorry because… we didn’t have a chance to say goodbye.

All of the sudden, lightning struck the boat. When my eyes readjusted, he was gone. The dizzy feeling was getting worse and worse. There was a bright flash of light… And then, nothing…

XxXxX

“Oh… shit,” I groaned, trying to lift my head. To my dismay, I couldn’t. I couldn’t open my eyes, either. It was way too bright. My body was quivering.

Wait, it’s quivering? I can feel it again! But… huh? Does that mean I couldn’t feel it before? Why? What had happened?

Did it have something to do with him?

And where the hell am I? It hadn’t been warm or bright before, that much, I remember. “Where—where am I?” I asked, hoping there was somebody, anybody around.

No, not just anybody… I wanted him to be here… But who is this him that I keep thinking of? I can’t see his face or remember his name in my mind.

“Ugh… Someone… help…”

My mind was too exhausted for all these thoughts at once. As I tried to make sense of it all, I slowly drifted off, the sound of the waves lulling me into a comfortable slumber.

… And that is that! Prologue is up! What did you guys think? Review, please! This is my first PMD fic and I want to know if it sucks or not. Okay, see ya!