Recruitment

H-E-L-L-O. Game Over? has been updated again. Yeah! Here ya go!

Game Over?

Chapter Two: Recruitment

"We're victorious, you and I. Being together, we can do anything we wish."

Wigglytuff's... Guild? Riley wondered as he and Shin walked toward said guild.

"It's one of the most famous expedition guild's around. People go there and need to train until they're a first rate exploration team." Shin paused, glancing at Riley. "I'm sure the training will be tough..."

Riley saw how Shin's face fell so he said, "Doesn't matter how tough it is! You beat those two back in the cave, you can train at a guild! So, no matter what, give everything your best!"

Shin stuck his tongue out at Riley. "Wow, enthusiasm. But you're right. Let's do our best, Riley!"

XxXxX

And so... Shin and Riley formed an exploration team. This turned out to be... their very first step... into many fantastic realms of adventure that awaited their arrival.

XxXxX

"It's very... pink..." Riley commented. Shin shrugged.

"Well, it is what it is. To form an exploration team, you need to register your team here. Then you train to become a first-rate exploration team!" Riley groaned inwardly. That sounded like a butt ton of work... Suddenly, Shin exhaled, a shiver running down his spine.

"Er..." Riley's eyes widened. "Shin?"

Shin shook his head, making his ears bounce a bit. "W-well, I mean, isn't there something just a little bit odd about this place?"

Riley nodded. "... but what did we just say? We need to..." he trailed off, gesturing for Shin to finish.

The Shinx complied, although he didn't seem too happy about it. "... always try our best." He exhaled again. "I gotta be brave!"

Slowly but surly, he stepped onto the grate in front of Wigglytuff's Guild.

All the sudden, someone yelled, "Pokemon detected! Pokemon detected!" Riley flinched.

"Whose footprint? Whose footprint?" another voice boomed. This one hurt Riley's ears. Badly.

"The footprint is Shinx's! The footprint is Shinx's!"

Riley saw Shin tense up, starting to tremble. "How do they know?!" he mouthed to Riley. Riley shook his head. It's not like he knew.

There was silence. Then,

"You may ENTER!" the voice boomed again. God, Riley wanted to shove something into that guy's face. A mute or something... Maybe a rock. "... someone's with you! So get the stranger to stand up THERE!"

Shin bolted off of the grate, breathing raggedly. Riley placed a hand on his shoulder. "Are you alright, Shin?"

The boy nodded. "I-I'll be fine... I just don't like how they just know who I am."

"HEY! GET on the GRATE!" the voice yelled again. Riley was tempted to yell down the hole 'NO!' but then Shin wouldn't be happy, so instead, he just slid forward, examining the jail-like hole.

As he eyed it, Shin pushed him playfully. "It's not like you're gonna fall through! ... I don't think." He smirked. Riley scowled and stood on the grate, pouting at Shin.

An abrupt, "Pokemon detected! Pokemon detected!" caused him to stand up straight and send his tail out. Riley looked at the grate.

"What the heck, man!" he exclaimed.