Chapter 20 | An Opened Door

20 March 2018

It's been a while since you and Chan started dating, you managed to convince your dad for a while, he gave you a deadline, which was tight but not exactly at the same time.  Your mom on the other hand still supported your dream entirely, that was some sort of relief for you.

The boys were busy with preparations for debut. You were over the moon and paid occupational visits along with chicken and salad (their current diet as you've been told by your beloved boyfriend) of course they were overjoyed to see you (the chicken) and today was one of those cheat days where you can cut the salad.

"Deliver-" the bags were snatched from your hands, violent bag tussles followed.

You smiled and walked over to the Aussie downing water. You wrapped your arms around his waist. He jolted in surprise, did a little panic and he tried to break your hug.

"I'm sweaty, no." He tried to peel you off his sticky self but you still had a strong grip, he didn't want to hurt you so he didn't exactly try hard enough.

"It's fine." You took the towel from his neck and put it between him and your chest, he then squeezed you into a suffocating hug.

"I told you no more late night visits. It's 4am silly." He dragged you to the boys who have nearly finished the meal.

"But I miss you..." you did a little ageyo which made him blush, he tried to cover his face with the towel.

"It's fine, really. I hardly get to see you and the boys anymore. All busy with the debut which is in less than a week's time." He has an arm around you which he took some of the crumbs to eat.

"I know, I promise I'll spend more time with you afterwards. How are you getting on?"

"Channie, I know you'll be busy, all those recordings on music bank, inkigayo, mcountdown... And fan signs, all these reality shows. I know it's going to be tough, you don't need to promise me anything. I'll see you when I see you, don't worry." With that you stood up after giving him a peck on the cheek and left the room with a goodbye to them all.

You walked towards the staircase up a floor. Down the long hallway to a practise room.

It was empty as usual, flipped the light switch on and played some music. You freestyled for a bit to the beat, until someone walked in.

It was Chan.

"Hey." He closes the door and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah?" You tie your messy hair into a high ponytail, your hand was held by him.

He took the hair tie out of your hair and ran his fingers through the knotted strands.

"I like your hair down." He smiles at you

"Don't you have practise? I think you shouldn't-"

"Hey, I want to see you. Spend time with you and you know, date." He took his hand away from your hair.

"But I don't think you can afford this now. You're literally 5 days from your debut..." silence filled the room.

The both of you know very well there will be so many obstacles to overcome. With him getting busier by the minute, his schedule lined up for music show recordings, fan signs, music production and concerts in the future. You haven't really put your mind into it until very recently. It will never go back to before where the two of you are waiting for debut, he's left that now. With you all alone in the unknown.

"It doesn't matter." He looked at you.

You signed and rubbed your temples in frustration.

"You've waited for this, for almost your entire life. Don't tell me it doesn't matter. I want you to focus for no one, but yourself. You deserve this." He saw your eyes, the rage building up from your time of voice.