iv

It hadn't been long since he had last seen Namjoon, maybe about two weeks. They had been in contact almost every day, minus about three days of both of them being extremely awkward to send the first message. Eventually, however, Namjoon sent a simple: 'Hey, it's Namjoon.' with perfect grammar and punctuation, as expected from him.

They both got along pretty well, they talked about flowers a lot, Namjoon explaining the meaning to the ones Jimin would name.

Jimin hadn't told him about Hoseok yet and the more he thought about it, the more he didn't want to. He could convince him he had no siblings, right? He could just always visit Namjoon or only meet at other places. No, he would find out one way or another, so he should just spill. At least, that's what he wanted to do.

Today was just like every other. He and Namjoon would talk on the phone as soon as Jimin got home, Jimin wanting to bring it up but his voice getting stuck in his throat as if there was a wall preventing it from escaping. There was a small silence; Jimin could only hear a small amount rustling on the other end

"So... Um, I have a free weekend this week... and I was wondering if maybe you would, uh, like to come over?" Namjoon spoke up, obviously shy and awkward about asking.

Jimin froze, his heart in his stomach as he cleared his throat, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding in.

"Sure! That s-sounds fun!" He chirped, a smile making its way to his lips. "I'll h-have to ask my m-mom, but I'm pretty s-sure she'll say yes!"

"I'm going to be staying with my mom then, if you don't want to go then I understand." Namjoon added quickly, he was disappointed in himself for acting so childish, he was thirteen, but he was usually pretty composed. 

"That's o-okay with me, Joonie~!" Jimin reassures him; his tone was soft and calming. Namjoon repeatedly expressed his liking to the younger's voice, he said it was very pretty which just made Jimin smile and turn a nice pale pink, which contrasted with his snow-white hair.

Namjoon knew about Jimin not having powers, the latter had told him the second time his school visited the Virgo middle school. A few strands were peeking from underneath his cap and falling onto his cheek and Namjoon noted it, not that he was looking at his cheeks or anything.

"Okay, good, I'll make sure we have all your favorite snacks." He heard Namjoon chuckle.

"Jimin! Dinner's ready!" His mother shouted just as he was about to reply

"Sorry, Joonie, m-my mom is calling me for dinner. I'll a-ask her about this weekend though and see w-what she says! I'll text you!" He says, waiting for his friend to respond before biding him goodbye and ending the call.

After he was done, Jimin made his way downstairs, his socked feet making soft footsteps as he descended the stairs and walked into the dining room.

"Jimin Taiyo, what have I told you about coming when I call you?" His mother gave him a cold look as he entered, Jimin lowering his head and letting out a small 'sorry' before sitting at his chair and starting his meal.

"Hoseok, sweetie, how was your day?" Their mother asked, taking a sip of her glass of sweetened tea with two lemon slices, how she made it every dinner

"It was good, I have practice tomorrow so I'll be late for dinner," Hoseok replied, scooping a spoonful of mashed potatoes into his mouth afterward.

Jimin on the other hand quietly and calmly ate his meal, starting to drift off into his little world while his sibling and mother conversed about random topics. Before he was finished eating, he finally spoke up.  

"Um... Mom?"

"Yes, Jimin?" His mother responded, directing her attention to her 'younger' son.

"One o-of my f-friends invited me t-to a sleepover this weekend... Can I g-go?" He asked shyly, he knew how his mother was, she rarely ever let him do anything alone, she always made his brother go with him