Prologue

Outside of the Cosium Royal Gardens, Shadow and Sonic were playing tag. Shadow, being the eldest of the brothers was holding baby Silver in a piggyback ride.

"Can't catch me!" Sonic yelled, running ahead of Shadow.

"Yes, I can!" Shadow yelled back, trying his best to catch up to his younger brother.

"You can't catch me with Silver on your back!" The young prince said, sticking his tongue out at his older brother.

"Not true!" Shadow said, holding onto Silver tightly as he tried to run faster.

He then felt movement on his back as the youngest prince was waking up.

"Silver?" Shadow asked, looking at their brother.

Silver then smiled and began to use his psychokinesis.

"HEY!" Sonic yelled, hovering upside down.

Shadow then smirked at this and Shadow tapped Sonic's nose.

"Tag, you're it." Shadow said as Silver lost concentration and focused on a butterfly, giggling, as Sonic fell to the grass.

The second prince got up and pointed his finger at his older brother.

"No fair! You cheated!" Sonic yelled at Shadow, who still held a smirk.

"We both caught you fair and square. Right, Silvy?" Shadow asked the baby as he giggled and hugged Shadow's face.

Sonic just crossed his arms and turns away from his two brothers.

"HMPH! Whatever!"

"ABA!" The small cry of Silver was heard as he stretched to his older brother.

Silver then started to hiccupped and sobbed a bit as Sonic bit his lip and tried to resist it before Sonic then turned around and picked Silver up, smiling at him and rubbing their noses together.

"Awww! I can't stay mad at you, baby brother!" Sonic beamed, raising Silver up making him giggle and smile.

Shadow then turned to a specific spot.

"Hey, look! Trails' over there!" Shadow said, pointing at a young gray wolf sitting in front of a mirror, some kind of contraption and a crystal ball.

"So, when are you coming back to the Ice Empire?"

"Glacia, for the hundredth time, we always visit you around spring, so... spring."

"Awww... but I miss you so much!"

A blush was clear on the young wolf's muzzle as he played with a crystal.

"...... H-How much?..."

"Trails and Glacia sitting in a tree! "

Trails then turned around when he heard two very familiar voices. Sure enough, Shadow and Sonic stood there, singing at the top of their lungs with Silver giggling. Sonic was batting his eyes to add effect.

"K-I-S-S-I-N-GAH!" The song was over when Trails began to chase the two little runts with a blush on his muzzle.

"Get back here, you two!" Trails yelled.

"Talk to you later, Trails! Bye, boys!"  The girl said her goodbyes as the crystal ball slowly dimmed as the call ended.

Sonic's eyes made their way to Trails' machine and he ran right over with Shadow hot on his tail.

"What is this?" Sonic asked.

"No touching. Now please run along before I drag you three out..." Trails said, trying to reason with them, but Sonic jumped right on the machine and started touching various items.

"Ohhh, what does it do?"

ZIP!

"What is this, Trails?"

Shadow held Silver in his left arm as he picked up a crystal that has been long forgotten while Silver tried to reach out to touch it.

"What are you using these crystals for?" Shadow asked with pure curiosity in his eyes.

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?! I said no!" Trails yelled at the three hedgeis.

Trails finally managed to get a hold of Sonic, who was still trying to get free.

"Come on, I just wanna play with it!" Sonic tried to reason with Trails.

"It's too dangerous!" Trails replied, holding the struggling Sonic.

While the two argued, oblivious to Shadow, Silver then noticed that a spare crystal is lying on the ground. He then used his psychokinesis and lifted the crystal which got Shadow's attention before flying it to a conpartment in the machine.

"Oh, come on! What's the worse that could happen?" Sonic asked, rolling his eyes at Trails.

Just when he said that, Silver had fitted the crystal into the compartment and there was a loud VOOORRRMMM! The mirror suddenly had a purple effect to it and Shadow and Silver were the closest ones standing to the mirror. Shadow held Silver close to his chest as the baby held onto him in fear and both stared at the portal.

"SHADOW! GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!" Trails yelled at the older prince as he held Sonic's wrist so he wouldn't escape.

"Uh, Trails... what is going on?" Shadow asked.

But it was too late, the portal began to suck Shadow and Silver in and all attempts to save them failed.

"SONIC! " Shadow yelled before disappearing into the portal.

"SILVER! SHADOW! " Sonic yelled back.

He then made a difficult decision; he let go of Trails' hand and let himself gt pulled into the portal.

"SONIC! " Trails shouted, holding onto the ground to protect himself from getting pulled in too.

"No..." Trails whispered in shock and horror as the young prince disappeared.

Suddenly, there was a small crack in the portal that nade Trails gasp and aware. The small crack then began to grow bigger... and bigger... and bigger... before...

"RAH!"

"WHOA!"

"WAH!"