Chapter 16

As the train ride began to end Taehyung got up to stretch and to wake Jungkook up

As the train ride began to end Taehyung got up to stretch and to wake Jungkook up. His pretty pink lips slightly parted, and strands of hair falling on his eyes.

The older tapped him, Jungkook's eyes fluttering open and immediately shutting his mouth closed, thinking he drooled on the chair.

"You didn't drool, the chair is dry," Taehyung says, Jungkook turns his head slowly and glares at the older.

"Get out of my thoughts." He mutters. Taehyung chuckles and reaches up to get their bags.

The walk to their street wasn't long considering they both didn't live too far from all the noise of the city.

"Do you want to come in and say hello, or do you want to go straight home?" Jungkook asks the older.

"I- I'll go home, but tell your mom I said hello and that I will see her tomorrow." Taehyung decided. They parted ways and entered their own homes.

"Dad, are you home?" Taehyung says as he walks in the messy house.

Cigarettes, empty beer bottles, and even wine bottles on the kitchen table from either his father or psychotic mother who hasn't been back for long.

"Taetae is that you?" A womanly voice calls out from the living room. Taehyung's eyes widen as he recognizes that voice.

He runs upstairs to his room without even going to see that woman. That's the last thing he wants to do. He grabs his phone and texts his dad to see where he was at the moment. All the unread texts about his mother being home, and how much his father misses him now being read.

"Fuck." He whispers, as tears start running down his face repeatedly.

"Taetae, are you in your room?" He hears he call out again, her voice closer than before.

"Stay away from me!" He shouts throwing the nearest items at his open door. The walking stops and a sigh could be heard.

"I thought we were over this Taehyung." She starts walking again, "I'm still your mother, and always will be." She finally reaches the doorway to his room.

Taehyung feels like puking once he sees his mother. She looks as if she hasn't eaten in months, hair cut short and all tangled up. Bags under her eyes and noticeable shot wounds in her exposed skin of her arms and legs.

"W-what did they do to you? Why did you do that to yourself?!" Taehyung shouts as he crawls backwards into the corner of his bed.

"Don't worry, I won't come near you. I made a promise stop hurting you." She rasped out.

"Wheres my dad?" He whispers. "I don't want you here. Get out!" He shouts once again. Throwing items now at her and anywhere else they landed.

"Kim Taehyung, stop!" His father bursts in the room shocked to see his wife up and for his son to be crying.

"Dad," Taehyung jumps up and runs past his mother hugging his father.

The man places a kiss on Taehyung's head before eyeing his wife.

"What did I say about his room?" He speaks up.

"Keep out of my son's room- blahblah. Well he's my son too." She countered.

"A son that you left for drugs. Now get the hell out his room before I drag you out." He demands, watching as the woman slugs herself out the room.

She makes eye contact with Taehyung and gives him an eerie smile, which caused him chills before turning back to go down the stairs.

"You're going to have to face her one day Tae." His father informs as he helps him clean his room.

"That's not my mother. She left the day she left me for drugs. I don't know who that piece of shit is." Taehyung says, not caring about his choice of words.

"Watch how you speak to me and about your her. That's still your mother whether you acknowledge it or not, got it?"

"Yes." He mumbles.

"Good now get some rest. I'm sure Kookie came along with you, and you're dying to cuddle him again." His dad teased. Taehyung chuckled softly.

***

"Mom, how come all the family pictures are gone?" Jungkook asks as he examines the house walls.

"I packed them all away. Like I have to do with the rest of this house." Oh yeah, his mother was selling the house.

"Shouldn't you rethink about selling this? I mean I grew up here and there's so many memories here." Jungkook says.

"New memories can be made at the new house." That's all she said. It's like they couldn't keep a full conversation anymore.

"Mom?"

She sighs, "Yes Jungkook?"

"Do you still love me?"

"Of course I do." She immediately answers. Jungkook nods before going to his room.

Jungkook was happy that his room hasn't been touched yet to be packed. He opened his curtains only to see Taehyung already sitting at his own looking like he's about to fall asleep.

Jungkook giggles to himself before throwing something random at his window scaring the older awake. He pouts once it looks like Taehyung's been crying. He gestures him to open his window as he opens his.

"You okay there?" Jungkook asks.

"Yeah, just a bit tired." Jungkook hummed in agreement.

"I think I made a mistake coming back home, what about you?" 

"Do I really have to answer that?" Taehyung grumpily asks. The younger shakes his head.

"Climb over, I want to cuddle." Jungkook motions with his hand.

"I'm kind of tired, how about tomorrow?" Jungkook's smile drops before he nods his head.

"Sorry, goodnight Taehyungie." He wishes before closing his window and curtain.

Taehyung stares longly at the now closed window across from his with a frown. He didn't feel like crawling across and he just didn't feel like cuddling along with everything else.

"Goodnight Kookie." He mutters before closing his eyes.
_______________

977 words.

plop*

how im feeling right now

bye honeys 🍯