The Party

The Grandmaster's party's was a very dramatic event, Carol had been told. The grandmaster dressed up, everyone dressed up, and if you didn't, then you would be humiliated. Carol of course had no clothes with her over here on Sakaar, but the grandmaster had had a dress brought to her room.
She really wasn't sure about this party, it really wasn't her thing, dresses weren't her thing. She longed for the comfort of her denim jeans and her brown leather jacket that reminded her of her old life.
She slipped the dress on, and looked in the mirror astonished. Even though she didn't like dresses, this was a beautiful dress, she didn't feel worthy of it's intricate design. The dress was red, with long sleeves that were off the shoulder and a tight fit that went down to her ankles. Oh my god. It really wasn't her thing at all, but she liked the gentle sparkle of the dress, the way it seemed to shimmer and shine in the light. She brought her hair down from the ponytail it was in and let it fall down her shoulders, this was probably the nicest she'd ever looked, the nicest dress she had ever worn.
She walked out of the door, wondering why she had agreed to this in the first place. There was a small part of her that was motivating her to go, excited, but she didn't understand what that was about.

She neared the room where the party was being held, the commotion was already almost deafening, she tried to plaster a smile on her face and walked through the door.
Wow, the grandmaster had really gone all out. There were millions of disco balls covering the ceilings, there were so many different colours of lights bouncing everywhere. Carol didn't know where to look. There was so much going on. "There she is!" she heard the grandmaster's voice, though she didn't know where he was coming from. Suddenly he popped out of the crowd. "You look absolutely stunning, wow i really chose the right dress."
Carol thought the grandmaster's casual robe was extravagant, but this was something else. He wore a emerald green robe that draped to the floor, and the inside was filled with multicoloured squares that lit up. He had exquisite makeup all over his face with beautiful colours and he had huge emerald earrings on.
"Come on, come on, let's go."
He brought her through the crowd and to a little separate lounge from the crowd, where there were a bunch of comfy looking seats accompanied by a table filled with drinks. "Sit!" the grandmaster demanded happily. Among the chairs there was  Korg, Caldel, and another person who Carol didn't recognise. Carol sat down in one of the seats, which were surprisingly uncomfortable.
The woman whom Carol didn't know with brown hair greased into a ponytail looked around her before saying, "Where's Valkyrie? can't believe she would miss the Grandmaster's party." She muttered, clearly happy about it.

"Oh, she was here.." The grandmaster answered, slightly puzzled, "I was complimenting her on how beautiful she looked, and then i spotted Carol and ran over to greet her, I wonder where she has gone?"

Carol felt a small twinge of disappointment. But why? Why was she partly looking forward to seeing someone who clearly disliked her so much that when her name is mentioned they leave?
She ran her hands through her hair, desperate to ignore any thoughts of Valkyrie. She didn't even understood why she cared so much whether the girl liked her or not, she never has before.
"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." She announced. This really wasn't her scene, she wanted to sit alone, and maybe have a drink, she barely ever got to relax and have a drink.
She was halfway on her way to the bathroom when she spotted a familiar tangle of black hair sat at the bar. She stopped and stared, immediately intrigued. Valkyrie's back was facing her, she had a row of 6 shots laid out in front of her. Her dark hair was down for once, it lay in curls down her back, and wow, Carol breathed. She wore an electric blue dress, one that complimented her skin tone perfectly. It was silk, and had thin spaghetti straps that ended at the sides of her back, the dress was backless down the middle, and the sides met at the end of her back. Carol could only stare. She looked like the night sky. She didn't know why she couldn't take her eyes off her. She had never seen Valkyrie like this, I mean she'd only just met her but still. Suddenly she felt something she had never felt before, something really powerful, she wanted her, wanted to-
A piercing clash jumped her out of her trance, she glanced behind her to see that someone had dropped a glass behind her. She breathed a sigh of relief and turned back to where Valkyrie was sitting, unable to stop staring. Her eyes scanned her body in the dress, noticing that there was a slit in the dress on each side, showcasing her thighs and toned legs.
That's when Carol realised Valkyrie was turning around, she must've heard the glass smashing, Valkyrie turned, as she took a shot, and noticed Carol. Her eyes widened and she choked on her drink.
Carol didn't know why she was choking, or whether to laugh or help her, she didn't know what to do, she felt slightly awkward, and decided to go to the bathroom like she planned.