Near Death

I wandered near where the stampede happened and I had Zazo with me. "Why do you mess with me so much?" "Because it's fun. I didn't mean to try and eat you. I was really hungry that day." I looked up at Zazo and he flew to my shoulder. "You and your father missed Simbas coranation." "We didn't mean to." "You two were awake." I looked off guilty and laughed. "I ATE you!" "Almost." We both laughed and I looked at where I had laid. "Dang. All that blood came from me?" He seen what I was looking at and nodded. "You made a trail." "Ouch. That hurt when it happened." "I would bet." I looked at him and my paw slipped a bit but I didn't fall. "If I fall, what would you do?" I wasn't planning on making myself fall. "I would hurry and get your father." A nod answered his look and I closed my eyes. "Do you plan to make youself fall?" "Nope. I wanna stay alive." I heard him make a noise and I cracked open one eye. "You okay Zazo?" "Yeah. A rock fell down into there." I edged him back with my paw and let him sit next to me. "Almost dying gave me a whole new perspective on my life. Did you know that Zazo?" "No. How did it?" I sighed and looked over at him. "To cherish what you have. Before the stampede, I hated everything. Now, I just want to stay close to the ones I love. Which aren't many but, I don't want to lose them either. Yes my dad can be evil...at times. I can be to. But I can maintain my evilness. Dad is, getting there." "I think Scar almost losing you showed him reality." I nodded and looked back out at the valley. "Alright. Lets go BACK!" I slipped on the edge and immediately dug my claws into the dirt but I was slipping. "Zazo! Go get DAD!" I tried to pull back up but slipped again. "Hurry!" I watched him hurriedly fly towards Pride Rock and I held onto the surface I was on for dear life. To the point where it hurt but I just continued to slip down. The more I slipped down, the more scared I got. 'Where is he?' I made it to the point where I was on the wall. How it was holding me I don't know. I let out a cry when I slipped further than the last time. "Where is she Zazo?!" "She was right here!" I was to scared to make a noise. Because last time I did almost got me killed. "Look! Her claws lead to right-XENA!" I felt a rock slip under my back paw and I let out a cry as I fell a little. "Scar, where is she?" "Right here. But she's down to far for me to reach her!" Mufasa came into my view and I had a look of fear. "She won't be able to make it up. She has to fall." "SHE HAS TO WHAT?!" "I-I don't wanna die." "You won't baby. I'll make sure of it. If any of you don't come up with an idea soon, i'm going down!" I slipped down further and looked behind me to see how high I was and, boy was it high. "Gu-guys, i'm falling lower. Hurry up!" A paw was reached for me to grab and when I brought one of mine up, I almost had it until I went down further. "Xena, take my paw. Please. I can't lose you." Just hearing the fear in my fathers voice made me reach for his paw again. I almost had it but I was to afraid to reach for it. "She's to scared Scar. She's gonna have to fall." "I'm not going to fall! I'll get killed!" Shouldn't have yelled. Something fell under all four paws and I went falling back. They were to busy arguing to notice. Zazo alerted them and Mufasa looked over to see me gone and dad seen me about to hit the ground. And I did. Just not as hard as I thought.