11 | rey

11 | REY

Yara and Kylo swiftly entered the holding cell the girl was in

Yara and Kylo swiftly entered the holding cell the girl was in. It was the same tiny cell Yara had stayed in when she was first captured by the First Order. In that moment she was reminded that she was still their captive, not a friend and certainly not an ally. She saw the girl, unconscious and her head dangling to the side as she rested peacefully. She could tell it was a forced slumber since no prisoner would sleep in just anxiety inducing conditions.

Kylo kicked the mechanism that kept her locked into place in order to wake up. Startled, she jumped up with her eyes wide open. She seemed disoriented, scared and confused. Her eyes scanned the room and she began to nervously shake. "Where am I?" She weakly asked as she looked over to Yara and took note of her appearance. Yara was clothed in a new outfit, one very similar to Kylo's in order to appear like a more notable and respected figure while interrogating her. "You're our guest." Kylo answered her since Yara seemed to be too concerned with analyzing the girl.

"Where are the others?" The woman inquired, looking around the room, nervously.

"You mean the murderers, traitors and thieves you call friends?" Kylo intensely insulted her. Rey's breath seemed to get caught in her throat. "You'll be relieved to hear that I have no idea."

Kylo watched as the woman bore her eyes angrily into him. She seemed so full of hate toward Kylo. "You still want to kill me." Kylo noted.

"That happens when you're being hunted by a creature in a mask." The woman's words seemed to hurt Yara. She had just called him a creature. As if he was some kind of monster. Yes, he's not the kindest of people, but he isn't some animal. Yara thought to herself.

Yara began her practice to try and scan the girl's mind while she spoke with Kylo. It was easy to retrieve her name, and it made Yara happy to label her with a name. "Rey." Yara spoke out, as she squinted her eyes at the girl. "You don't look like a Rey." Yara humphed, impressed with herself.

Rey's eyes widened in surprise of Yara's discovery. "Ah, yes," Yara chuckled, "so sorry, I'm Yara. That's Kylo Ren." Yara pointed her thumb back at Kylo, who was now sitting before Rey in a cold metal chair.

Yara smiled sweetly at the girl, then looked over at Kylo for affirmation of her job well done of procuring the girl's name. She could feel Kylo's disappointed eyes lingering on her because she had gotten to friendly. Yara snapped her head away from him, not wanting to feel shameful for her congenital ways. Kylo removed his mask from his head, revealing his very non-creature like face. It shocked Rey to see such a soothing face on such a horrible person.

Yara continued her interrogation. "Tell me about the droid." She spoke directly to Rey. Rey only glared at her.

"Would it be easier if I said please, or if I just torture you?" Yara cocked her head.

"He's a BB unit with a selenium drive and a thermal hyperscan vindicator-" As Rey bullshitted an answer, a correct one but not the one Yara wanted, Yara began to read through the files of her mind. She learned about the map.

"He's carrying a section of the navigational chart... to Luke Skywalker." Yara spoke aloud as she discovered this information.

"We have the rest, recovered from the archives of the Empire. We need the last piece. And somehow, you convinced the droid to show it to you. You. A scavenger." Kylo sighed. Rey tried to hold back tears as she realized she was in real deep shit with two force enabled bodies in the room.

"You know we can take whatever we want." Kylo informed Rey, and somehow, Yara thought his words were kind of hot. His voice low and raspy as he spoke to Rey made Yara feel some type of way. All the while, Rey's eyes flashed with fear. Kylo nodded over at Yara to continued her procurement of the map.

Yara placed her hand, carefully, on Rey's cheek. The Force flowed through Yara as she used every ounce of energy in her to suck out information from Rey's mind. Rey turned her head, angry and resistant to the trick. With her fighting Yara, it made it a bit more difficult for Yara to search for what she wanted in Rey's mind.

Kylo took note of how well and how quickly Yara took to reading minds of the weak. Of course, the Force had become second nature to her, but, reading minds seemed to have become her specialty. Yara closed her eyes to focus on Rey. Yara furrowed her brows together, her eyes still closed. "You're so lonely. Afraid to leave. I see it... Han Solo. He's the father you never had."

"Get. Out. Of. My. Head." Rey growled. Yara obliged to her request and removed her hand from her cheek.

"I know you've seen the map. You're going to give it me. One way or another." Yara took a step back and reached her hand out toward Rey, not touching her this time. Yara felt the tense pull of energy from her fingertips to Rey's head. Rey strained herself to resist Yara's efforts. Rey grunted in agony as Yara worked harder and harder on her. Yara continued to intensify the power and Rey's mind was beginning to weaken. She pulled many memories and information from her, but never the map.

Suddenly, Yara felt the pull of energy turn on her. Rey's eyes narrowed in on her and she seemed to be doing the same thing to her. "You, you're a traitor. You don't feel like you belong here. You're afraid you'll never be as admirable as Tara, your grandmother." Rey growled at her. She snapped her head over to Kylo and did the same to him. "You, too. A scared little boy, afraid you'll never be as strong as Darth Vader."

Yara pulled away from Rey, breaking their connection. Kylo was stunned with Rey's words.

* * *

"The scavenger... resisted you?" Snoke's voice boomed over them in the echoey assembly room.

Yara's confidence diminished and she almost sunk down into herself as Snoke shouted at her. He must've had high expectations for her since he seemed so disappointed that she couldn't crack the girl. "She's strong with the Force! Untrained, but, stronger than she knows." Kylo shouted back at him, defending Yara.

"And the droid?" Snoke grunted.

"Ren believed it was no longer valuable to us." Hux snitched on Kylo. Kylo looked down at his shoes. "That the girl was all we needed. As a result the droid has mostly likely been returned to the hands of the enemy. They may have the map already."

"Then the Resistance must be destroyed before they get to Skywalker." Snoke hissed.

"We have their location. We tracked their reconnaissance ship to the Ileenium system." Hux informed his master.

"Good. Then we will crush them once and for all. Prepare the weapon." Snoke barked at Hux.

"Supreme Leader, I can get the map from the girl. I just need your guidance." Kylo proposed to Snoke as Hux hurried off to accomplish his duty.

"The Force is very strong with Yara. You just don't know it, yet. If she could not pry it out of the girl, I have much less enthusiasm thinking that you can. Yara, your blood is strong. You are caging yourself in. You have got to free yourself to finally flourish with all the power you have." Snoke grumbled angrily at the two who were standing small compared to him.

"I'm not sure I am who you want me to be, Supreme Leader." Yara weakly spoke up.

"You simply don't know it yet. When the time comes, you shall fulfill the potential I see in you." Snoke assured her. "If what you say about this girl it true. Bring her to me." Snoke's voice had an underlying growl to it, making anyone shiver once they heard those last few words rumble out of his mouth.