12 | the fight

12 | THE FIGHT

As Yara and Kylo swiftly walked down the hall to go retrieve Rey, Yara turned to him with a wide smile

As Yara and Kylo swiftly walked down the hall to go retrieve Rey, Yara turned to him with a wide smile. "Okay, but... did you see how awesome I did while interrogating her?!" Yara clasped her hands together, excitedly.

Kylo couldn't hold back from cracking a smile at her excitement. Kylo's eyes lingered on her for a bit before he tore them away to look in front of him as he walked. Her outfit was quite flattering on her. She had always been physically attractive to him, and her features only promoted her lightheartedness. Her light brown curls fell so effortlessly down the sides of her face and her beautifully honey colored eyes always glimmered in the light. Kylo felt like he wanted to protect her at all costs, like she was his and he were hers. Of course, he never dared expressed those emotions since, apparently, any emotion other than anger made him appear weak before others in the Starkiller base. People already disrespected him and questioned his abilities every day, and that's because he was super cold and bitter all the time.

Of course, Yara knew about his affections for her, but she didn't know how deep they were. She had only just begun to look at him like something more than a mentor. She hadn't realized he would even be in the slightest interested in her, but, since she found out that he was, she started taking more notice of him.

Yara linked her arm with his, causing Kylo to look around- worriedly- to see if anyone was watching. "Oh come on, no one is going to think you're any less of a man if I hold your arm. I really couldn't have done it without you, Kylo."

"I can get her myself, why don't you go rest." Kylo stopped walking to face Yara.

"You sure?" Yara asked. He nodded, shooting her a small, toothless smile. "Goodnight, then." Yara sighed, then she began to walk backwards away from him.

"Goodnight, Yara." He waved her off. Yara waved back, then spun on her heel and walked down toward her room. Kylo watched her walk away until she was out of sight, taking in the sight of her.

* * *

A loud knock came from Yara's door. She hurried over to open it and her face lit up when she saw Kylo. His mask was on, nevertheless, she was excited to see him. Due to how late it was at night and how abrupt his appearance was, she suspected he had arrived to tell her something quite personal. "Hey." She greeted him.

"Rey's escaped. Get dressed and meet me outside." Kylo's words were curt and quick.

He hurried off before Yara could even attempt to respond. But, she did as told. She rapidly dressed herself and took her lightsaber with her, for extra precaution. Rey seemed dangerous. And she looked desperate to murder Kylo. With her on the loose, who knew what could happen?

Hurriedly, Yara found Kylo in halls watching the stormtroopers march through the base in search of the girl. "How did she even-" Yara began.

"She's smart." Kylo grumbled, angrily.