Home

I hope they know that I can't take them with me when I leave. I bet if I asked them, they couldn't even tell me what my middle name was. That's sad because they gave it to me. Chandler thought as he walked through the tall unkempt grass of his backyard.

     He said he'd cut the grass when he gets home. He said that two months ago. He thought with a sigh and used his key to unlock the back door. He stepped in the door and saw two kids sitting on a gray couch and playing video games.

     "Hey guys. Have you been playing that since I left?" He asked and stood behind them.

     "Yeah pretty much." One of them said.

     "Well we took a small break to eat." The other said.

     "What's sis up to?" Chandler asked them.

     "Probably reading." The first one scoffed.

     "Alrighty, my friends are coming over tomorrow so be prepared. And Cory-" he began.

     "Yeah?" Cory asked while doing that lean that you do when you play Mario Kart and you're making a sharp turn.

     "No hitting on them." Chandler sighed in disbelief that he'd even have to say that to his younger brother.

     "Is that one girl going to be here?" The other asked.

     "What one girl?" Chandler asked and took off his jacket.

     "The one you won't stop talking about. Dell was it?" He asked.

     "Oh, Adelle. Hopefully she will be." He said.

     "Her parents sound like assholes." Cory scoffed.

     "Language! But yes, they are." He replied and playfully ruffled the twins' hair.

     "Also, Cameron, make sure you clean your room and the rules apply with you too. No hitting on them! I know you both are only two years younger than me but it's still weird. I'd better go say hi to Amelie. After this round you've go to go to bed. It's literally five in the morning." He laughed and headed upstairs. He turned the corner and knocked on Amelie's door.

     "Hey kiddo. Can I come in?" He asked. A simple:

     "Yeah." Was heard from the otherside.

     "Whatcha' up to?" He asked and sat on her bed.

      "I'm reading Romeo and Juliet." She said in a bored tone.

     "I hated that story when we had to read it in class." He laughed.

     "It's romantic." She laughed.

     "Death is romantic? No wonder girls fell in love with Ted Bundy." Chandler said sarcastically.

     "That was dark and it's not the death part that's romantic." She laughed back.

     "No? Well, what is it then?" He asked.

     "It's the forbidden love trope. And the fact that they'd die for each other." She swooned.

     "I guess I just don't get love." He smiled.

     "No guys do. But if there's any tip I can give you it's to make your crush laugh. It's more important than most guys realize." She said and continued reading.

     "Okay well you and the twins  gotta' help me tomorrow. That way I can finish moving in early and I can help out the girls with their dorm. So we got to wake up bright and early. Get some sleep kiddo. Also, the girls are coming over afterwards for a sleep over. Be nice to them, okay?" He asked and walked over to he door.

     "Wait! What makes you think I'll help you move?" She questioned and set her book on her desk.

     "Maybe a twenty if you get the boys up for me?" He asked with a smirk and passed her the cash.

     "Well, I could lend my services." She smiled and pocketed the money. "Sweet dreams kiddo." He said and shut her door.

     I hope they take care of them. They're good kids. I'm really going to miss them. He thought and looked at an old picture on the wall of the whole family. His mother was beautiful, porcelain skin, crystal blue eyes, shoulder length blonde hair, a small nose, and a blue dress occupied her body. If you asked him, he couldn't tell you what she looked like now. His father, practically the opposite. Hansom sure, but so average looking, just another man, brown hair, brown eyes, a stern expression, and a strong jaw line. His little brothers looked like they were scheming in the middle of the picture being taken.

      The taller twin was Cory, even back then he looked athletic, he had brown hair, blue eyes, and big bushy eyebrows. Now he has a strong build, thick calves from soccer, a nose ring, and an eyebrow bar. The other twin, Cameron was blonde as could be. His hair so blonde it looked bleached though it wasn't, his eyes were brown and large making him look sad. And finally Amelie. She was just a baby when that photo was taken. Even back then she had thick blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Now she's really popular with the guys in high school even though she's a bit of a nerd. She has long colt like legs and porcelain skin like her mother.

     They've grown up so fast and they've hardly seen any of it. I hope I did okay. At least they're alive right? He shrugged and pulled the picture from the wall to get a better look at his mother. A wave of disappoint waved over him. Finally realizing they never wanted to be there, a tear rolled from his cheek which he quickly wiped away.

     He put the picture back up on the wall and walked into his room.

     I hadn't realized how messy my room is. I still can't believe Blanchard. I told her over and over again that it wasn't going to happen. I'm not even "popular" anymore. Though, I do think we're only as popular as we make ourselves believe. She's pretty sure, but she's so awful. Everything she does benefits her. So what does she want with me? Especially since there will be a bunch of new kids in college she can hit on. I just don't get it. Why does she hate Adelle? Is it really because I'M her friend? Is she jealous? Why is this all so confusing? Nothing adds up. All I know is she better not lay a hand on either of them. I know she's capable of doing damage, she did it a lot in school. Poor Kandy. Why are they still friends after that? Jesus! There's so many questions. He thought and began picking up miscellaneous trinkets off the floor. "Why's this out of its box?" He asked aloud and picked up an old framed picture of him and Blanchard.

     We were cute kids. She was my bestfriend. Until the knife incident. I still can't believe she tried to kill me. She's really dangerous. I must've blocked out a lot of memories including her. Wow, she actually hurt a lot of people. Why IS she so popular? It's not like she's pretty and a good person. Maybe she's scaring people in to liking her. Or maybe she is nice, to everyone who does what she wants, that is. He put the picture in a box in the back of his closet and hung up his jacket while he was there. After picking up his room he finally slipped on some pjs and laid in his bed.

     I hope Blanchard won't try anything when were living in the dorms. If she hurts either of them. I swear. They're too good to be hurt by her. Why do I get the sense this isn't over?