Focus

after a nice lunch at "The Tea Shoppe", Talise felt cramped in the back seat since it was only meant for three people but there were now four, but she thought it was worth it so see Adelle and Chandler next sitting each other. Cameron was sleeping with his head on his twin's shoulder. Cory put on a front like he was annoyed with Cam's head resting on him but in reality he didn't mind. Amelie was thinking about what Blanchard did.

     There's no way she took the bag and didn't break anything. If she's willing to take the bag in the first place then she's willing to destroy something. She looked out the window at the cloudy sky. Meanwhile Adelle was focused on her thoughts and her rose. Her mind was muddled and semi- garbled.

    She could've broken it. She kept thinking and examined the rose once more.

     "Have your parents called at all?" Chandler spoke up.

    "Like, a dozen times." Adelle sighed.

    "You haven't answered them?" He asked in surprise.

    "I didn't want to ruin my day." She laughed.

"Isn't it already?" He asked.

    "Surprisingly... No." She responded with a smile.

    "Won't they kill you?" He asked.

    "Probably. If I don't show up to class on Monday, you know what happened." She joked back. After a while of driving they were back at the stunning home home of Chandler's. The house was white and modern. It appeared before them with a large amount of huge windows and looked as if it wall all made from giant cubes stacked atop each other. Talise always wondered how it still had not been robbed yet.

    The windows are so big. If there weren't curtains hanging in the bedroom, everyone on the block could see right inside. This house is every thief and con artist's dream heist. They do have and astonishing security system though. She thought and hopped out of the sparkling clean, white G Wagon. Cory shook his twin awake and soon everyone was walking in the door. Adelle always takes notice of how early the sun sets around this time.

    It's only seven- thirty. She whined in her head. Though she was happy to go to college, she always hated the feeling of going back. Especially since change wasn't her favorite thing in the world. In the summer she stayed up almost all night, she snuck out to drink any time she could, but the routine she had gotten used to was coming to and end. She simply hated change. They walked in and helped Chandler set up in his room.

    "I guess I'd better call mom before she calls the cops." Adelle sighed and pulled out her phone. Talise grabbed a bunch of pillows from around the house and Chandler grabbed sheets and blankets.

    "Hey mom." Adelle sighed and tried to make her voice sound annoyed.

    "I've been messaging you! Are you okay? You need to get home." Her mother said worriedly.

    "There was a problem with the room ma'." She spoke.

    "What?! I knew this would happen! I'll call the school and get it fixed." Her mother said.

     "What? No, no, no! It was a problem between me and Talise. I'm staying over at her house tonight so we can figure it out. I can put her on if you want." Adelle replied.

    "Oh. So I don't have to call the school?" Mrs. Dubois asked.

    "No! Alright bye mom." Adelle said hurriedly.

    "Wait, you know what your father will say. And you don't have any extra clothes with you." She sighed.

    "I can just borrow something from Talise. And dad should trust Lise by now. I've been over her house more than anyone's." Adelle responded.