Daylight

Adelle opened her eyes and squinted from the light leaking through her curtains. She smelled pancakes and bacon cooking downstairs. Though she was tired, she was also excited to start the day. She rubbed the less than three hour sleep from her eyes as she yawned. She picked herself up and stretched as she walked to her closet.

    Let's see, what to wear? She thought and examined the clothes that weren't put in boxes yet.

    I should probably grab some pjs  for later now that I think of it. She thought and grabbed the backpack that was covered in pins. She grabbed a random shirt and a pair of pajama shorts and stuffed them in the bottom of the bag and she grabbed a hair brush, along with her rose, two sketchbooks, and her pencil case. That way if her parents opened her bag, they wouldn't automatically see the clothes. After that she finally grabbed some clean clothes to change in to. She brushed her hair and put on a little bit of makeup. She looked at herself in the mirror. Her clothes were often really cute, not completely suited for her age. She didn't mind though, it was her style and she liked it. She also, often preferred comfort over style. Her shorts were black and high waisted with a bunch of white flowers printed all over them. Her top was a yellow long sleeved crop top with her artwork printed on the front of it. Her shoes were a soft pink, as was her belt. She put on her glasses, grabbed her bag and started walking downstairs.

    "Hey sweetie." Her mom greeted her as she walked in the dining hall.

    "Hey." A tired Adelle responded.

    "Didn't sleep well?" Her father asked.

     "Nightmare." Adelle stated bluntly, obviously lying.

    "You've been having a lot of those recently. You're probably stressed about going off to college. Maybe you should stay home." Her father sighed.

     "What? No! I'm excited about going. The moving truck is coming in like twenty minutes." She said and finally sat down.

    "You could stay here and just drive there." Her mother said worriedly.

     "You wouldn't let me drive, remember? I don't know how." Adelle laughed.

     "Oh is that it? Or is it the fact that this place isn't good enough for you?" Her father said as he was getting enraged.

    "Go on, say it!" He yelled  and slammed his fist on the table. Adelle's anxiety began to spike as did her mother's. Lumiere quickly stepped in to help the situation calm itself.

    "Excuse me master Adam, and Lady Belle. But, your surprise for Lady Adelle is ready." He said. Adelle looked down to avert her father's gaze. Cogsworth, Babette, and Chip all brought gifts to her.

    "Oh thank you! But you really didn't have to get me anything." She said.

    "Nonsense! Here, open mine first." Lumiere spoke and handed her a box wrapped in red and gold wrapping paper. She quickly tore it open with a smile.

    "A new water color pallet?" She asked excitedly as Lumiere hugged her.

    "I remember just yesterday, you were a little girl waddling around." Babette sighed and gave her another box. Adelle opened it and was met with a rare Black Canary comic, and a new eyeshadow pallet.

     "I've been looking everywhere for one of these! This must've cost so much." Adelle said and pulled Babette in to a hug.

    "Money well spent." Babette said with a smile and wiped a small tear away.

     "I'll miss you Rosey." Chip said and passed her a small necklace box. It was a beautiful cameo necklace pendant with a pink background, attached to a black choker.