The other pack p2

Luna was laying in the field, observing Adam showing Wade the basics of training the wolves. She looked intrigued and occasionally he glanced at her and smiled and she'd go bright red. I was laying quietly beside her.

"Boo!"

Luna jumped from fright as Nikki giggled.

"Like somebody, girls?" She winked.

"Maybeee" Luna said, shyly.

I ruffled her hair and she stuck her tongue out at me.

Nikki giggled and pulled Luna and I in for a whisper.

"We found new breeding grounds last week. You seem eager to test them!" She pulled away and ran off, giggling. 

Luna didn't seem to get the joke and she just looked at me. I was holding in a laugh and she had no idea why.

"We should go check on the others." I suggested.

"We could check on Wade! You haven't talked to him in a while."

"Luna it's been an hour. You just want to see Adam, don't you?"

Adam was slightly muscular and he had short facial hair. His hair was dark. She fake coughed Wade's name as he smiled at me and I gently elbowed and stood, brushing off the lime-green grass. I snuggled in Wade's embrace against his bare and quickly-rising and falling chest. I glanced at Luna who just stared as Adam was faced toward the other wolves he was training. 

I bent down and handed Wade his shirt and still, Adam had Luna's undivided attention. I tapped her shoulder and giggled as she once again was startled. 

We walked up to the center of the camp and Wade caught up with me. Nikki and Jaxon were sitting down, chatting and Shadow was slicked in the corner, silent and eyes closed. They payed no attention to her and were chatting happily.

There was a large group of the girls off to the left, laughing and smiling. Remedy and spirit were also in their own little group and when Spirit saw us she stood and waved to Remedy who smiled and waved back.

"You guys need your matching markings!" She exclaimed, grasping Wade and I's wrists. 

Luna looked confused.

"Oh, when we find out soulmates we all get matching marks!"

She pointed at the center of the veins on her wrist that had a beautiful bunch of roses with a butterfly in the center.

"Who are you paired with?" Luna asked.

"Alex. We have been for a few years and we even have a pup of our own!"

Wade looked at me and smiled and Luna was back at staring at Adam. Spirit put her hand on Luna's cheek and pulled her face forward to look at her.

"Be gutsy. In this pack we say we like someone, it's rare to get rejected."

She nodded, a small amount of anxiety making her eyebrows crease. She turned and pulled me and Wade toward a small wooden shelter with two long tables. She tapped her palms on two seats, gesturing for us to sit. I looked out to Luna and Adam had begun talking to her and she was bright red. I clapped in my head, glad to see we'd settle in just fine here.

"So, shoot. Tell me about yourselves. I'll find your spirit animals and they'll be the center of your tattoos."

We nodded and Wade began talking about how we were both humorous and adventurous.

"So, funny and adventurous? Are you two free spirits or insiders?"

"Free spirits." I chimed in.

She nodded and wrote down notes in a notepad. 

"I'm thinking either foxes or wolves maybe a large cat."

Me and Wade looked at each other and I honestly had no idea.

"Are you trusting people?"

"Not easily." We agreed.

She nodded.

"The fox."

"Fox? Aren't they cunning?"

"No. They are smart, but they are free, adventurous and playful. They only take on things their own size and are loyal to their families. Anyways, what do you think?"

I beamed at Wade and he nodded.

She smiled and grabbed a sharp needle and prepared the ink.

"Who first?"

The customs of this pack were so different... but amazing!