Down the memory lane

Down the memory lane in 27January 2013

I am in operation theatre, surgical gloves around my hands holding a scalpel my mind focused on the patient lying on bed. Cardiac monitor showing his normal heart beat. Me being surrounded by doctors and nurses is precisely making a cut between his chest and suddenly monitor started to make sound Beap Beap Beap...indicating decrease in patient's heart rate and emergency condition. Everyone starts panicking trying their best to make it normal and suddenly lifeline goes straight. We all stood in shocked every eye fixed on me glancing me with hatred. My hands start trembling,eyes pooped out of socket and I started panting on my bed. Thank god that was a nightmare.
Tick..tick..tick...I switched off my alarm clock and rolled out of my bed leaving the warmth of my bed.
I am a medical student pursuing masters of surgery (MS) degree from a very reowned government college of Delhi in INDIA. Doing post-graduation my entire day is spent either in hospital treating patients or in classes and nights studying alone in my room. I was born and brought up in Delhi " the heart" of INDIA. With so many students coming in this city every day with a small bag and big dreams, this city have something for everyone who are ready to give their dreams a genuine try. And I am lucky to be here pursuing my dream career.
Being a medico, sometimes it become frustrating with little or no time for your own self leave aside for family. But at the end of the day it's all worth it. Busy day, sleepless nights is all worth when u save a patient's life and see a hope in their beloved ones that you will save them.
I am living in college's hostel having a single room all for myself. This is least expected from a college to provide to a PG student. Being an introvert I adore my privacy a lot and sharing a room is threat to my privacy.
My parent house is at around 10 km distance and once in a week I used to pay a visit to them and relax myself. My father is a retired accountant,my mother is a school teacher in a reputed private school of Delhi. My sister is pursuing BSc from a very reputed University in England on scholarship, paying all her bills by herself and for this fact I am very proud of her. My mother always insisted in us since childhood to be independent and compassionate and I am proud that my sister has taken that greatly.
My mother once told both of us how she met my father and both fallen in love "At first sight" like an instant spark. I personally not believe in the concept of " love at first sight" though strongly believe in love. And for that strong belief I have a reason and that reason is my parents. The way they stood by each other side in every thick and thin and even after so long of togetherness their love still grow exponentially.
I feel that is the reason for me being single even in my mid 20's. When other girls of my age think of relationship, marriage, I think of my parents and my career. Because somewhere in my heart I believe strongly that if somebody is meant for you then the whole universe will conspire to make you meet and be with that person. Obviously sometimes this belief becomes frustrating for me afterall I am girl who dream of being loved by someone purely,unconditionally but then I make my mind to focus and believe on my heart that he exist and would come.

Coming out of shower, I moved toward my closet wrapped in towel. I pulled out a while top and blue jeans. Standing in front of mirror, I noticed bags under my chocolatey brown eyes which is obviously due to lack of sleep. My skin colour is 2-3 shades darker than white which is common among Indians but still it looks paller than usual. I am looking even shorter than my actual 5"3" height which is a matter of concern for me. If something I can add to my physical appearance I would have indeed gone to make myself 6"0" tall. And to take away something from my appearance I would have took out a bit of thickness of my hairs from my head because every morning I struggle to just comb my hair neatly. After setting my long, straight, black hair into ponytail I grabbed my white coat, stethoscope and my bag and super happy for this day to end on a good note because from tomorrow my 7 day long vacation will start. And I have planned a TRIP...