I. Holiday: chapter 1

Summary: You have just been robbed and some girl offered you a place to stay.
Josh McLachlan thought that this "runaway" vacation will help him cool down after a series of bad luck happened to him in the city but find himself in another bad situation, will he lose his cool this time? and when a girl named "Ms. Reeves" with a wounded heart offered to help him. Will Josh agree to stay with her and will they both enjoy this vacation? Can they help fix each other from their own bad lucks and wounds? find out the story of these two lost souls finding an escape in the beautiful island of Hawaii.
This is a short story......

Hawaii...

"This is beautiful!" I stretched my hands up and sniffed the salty air of the island. I feel refreshed and relaxed for the first time again.

I looked at my watch it was already 8:30 am and a monday. Got to find a place to stay I mumbled to myself.

So what am I doing in Hawaii on a monday? When I should be in a cubicle in the office and typing all the bullshits that my boss wants me to do.

I quit my job. Sounds like an irresponsible adult. But I'm not, just sayin!

Well I'm fed up to wake up in early in the morning, take the cramp subway, type, file, take ridiculous orders from my boss and treat me like shit and forcing to like my job which in a million years I will never ever love.

Oh and I forgot, my girlfriend -cross that - ex-girlfriend broke up with me and ran away with my fucking best friend -cross that again - ex best friend Because I was dull and I'm not the "reckless and exciting" boyfriend for her. Couldn't get any worse!

"Ouch!" I felt a stinging feeling on my foot and saw a boy tripped in front of me. "Sorry, sir!" He was picking up pieces of shells and I bent down to help him. "No worries" I smiled and the boy gave me a wide smile. After putting back all the shell in a net the boy sped off with his friends.

"Ok, let's start the hotel hunting!" I said optimistically. I walked around the town and I found decent hotel near the beach.

Ok ok. Before you shout at me. This is not a planned vacation more like runaway vacation. I woke up at wee hours of the morning, took a cab and went straight to the airport and took the earliest flight to Hawaii; my 10 year over due "on my list" vacation.

I entered the hotel and went straight to the reception. A petite woman with the perfect tan smiled at me. " Good morning Sir, what can I do for you?" She gave me a professional smile. "Hi! Do you have any available room for 1?" I asked. "Let me check sir" she started typing in the computer. After a few minute, she glanced up at me "we have the standard room for $ 130 per night" she informed me. "I'll take that" I said looking around the painting behind her. "How long do you intend to stay?" she asked. "Uh-4 days" I smiled back and she returned to the computer, she asked me necessary information and summed up my total bill. " Sir, that would be $616, cash or card?" She asked me. "Card, wait" I reached for my backpack and I started to rummage my bag. I can not find my wallet. Great!

"Is there a problem Mr. McLachlan?" she asked with her right eyebrow now arched. "I-uh-I'll be right back" I smiled apologetically and she gave me a small smile. I hurriedly went outside to look for my wallet. I went back to were the bus dropped me off.

I looked for my wallet everywhere and I totally lost it. Then I remembered the boy who tripped over, SHIT! That's why they were laughing and looking back at me mischievously. They were pickpockets! DAMN those little rats!

My wallet got stolen, I spotted a bench and sat there, palm on my forehead. All my money, ID and credit card was on that wallet. "Argh! Fuck! What a disaster getaway!" I said, I picked out my phone and called the bank to inform them that my cards were stolen, I ended the call and let out a big sigh.