First Encounters

Emmet squeezed his eyes closed

"THIS IS THE END!" he screamed as he braced for impact, but instead he heard faint rock music and opened his eyes to see a blue astronaut with a jetpack on. "Who is that?" Emmet stared in amazement. The astronaut punched through the giant glassteroid then zoomed out of Emmet's sight. "Where did he go?" Emmet looked around

"Hey" the astronaut suddenly stood up beside him. The astronaut startled Emmet so much that he screamed and jumped out of his seat into his stuff in the back. "Mind if I save your life?" The man said, Emmet wasn't one to assume peoples gender but he was pretty sure the astronaut was a dude.

"Not at all!" Emmet said.

"Rad!" The man replied and then proceed to speed through space, avoiding the glassteroids and even doing a few tricks! Emmet heard the rock music get louder.

'He's so cool!' Emmet thought to himself as he saw the guy nodding his head to the music, so Emmet decided to copy him. They started to head towards a weird portal, Emmet started screaming again as they got closer and closer, he saw visions of weird beings, like that of what he saw when he was tossed into the magic portal. They delved deeper and deeper into the portal when, poof, the appeared on the other side safely.

"And that's how you break on through to the other side" he turned around to face Emmet "of the stairgate"

"Who are you?" Emmet asked curiously. The man's helmet automatically came off, folding into his suit. "Woah!" Emmet gawked in amazement.

"The names Rex, Rex dangervest! Galaxy defending, Archeologist, Cowboy, Raptor Trainer, who likes building furniture, busting heads, and having chiseled features previously hidden under baby fat!"

"Woah!" Emmet was amazed at this guy, HE WAS SO COOL, but then Emmet looked through the window behind him and screamed "ENEMY SHIP!" Pointing towards it

"That's a negative" Rex reassured Emmet "that bad boy is my ship! I built it myself out of spare pieces"

'oh my gosh!' Emmet thought to himself as his ship landed and was being lifted up by the platform it was on. 'this dude is awesome!'

"Let me show ya around!" Rex said, punching the table, the whole ship promptly fell apart.

"Hey, you broke my ship" Emmet said, a little bit offended

"Listen kid, you can build anything, but there ain't nothing you can't break!" Rex said, laughing afterwards. Emmet started laughing too.

"Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha- I don't get it." He said with a deadpan face.

"How about a tour?" Rex said. Emmet agreed, they got to a big metal door. "Behold! The Rexcelsior!" Rex said as the doors opened to reveal a huge room full of velociraptors.

"WOAAH!" Emmet was amazed "are those, DINOSAURS?!!" Emmet asked excitedly. Some of the dinosaurs screeched but Emmet couldn't tell what they were saying. "Woah, cool!"

"Tell me, what's a scrap-about like you doing, trying to get through the stairgate?" Rex asked

"Aliens from the systar system kidnapped my friends, I'm going to get them back!" Emmet said proudly.

"You don't want to go anywhere near the systar system, trust me" Rex scoffed "it's ruled by an alien Queen and she'll try to brainwash your friends so she can use them in a matrimonial ceremony to bring forth-"

"Ourmomageddon?" Emmet finished Rex's sentence

"Bingo!" Rex turned around

You've been to the systar system? You can help me!" Emmet said with glee