Chapter 29

I'll try to come after the show. Just text me what time shall I drop by.

He wiped the sweat forming on his forehead. After reading the last message Kuroo has sent him, he wanted to do something to push away the negative feelings at the back of his mind. Tsukishima busied himself with making the pattern for the sketch he drew a few minutes ago. Sewing materials and tracing paper were littered everywhere as he leaned on the large wooden table to continue his work.

Even though they are in a time out, Tsukishima still wante to celebrate their 3rd month together. Maybe Kuroo is just busy with work, that's why he forgot to mention to him about working full time as a model. Maybe Kuroo just forgot what day today is. Maybe Tsukishima just needs to understand. He chewed on his lower lip as he went on and on and on  in his train of thoughts.

"He would understand, Tsukki. Because he love you," Yamaguchi's words echoed at the back of his mind.

His heart hurt a bit. But 'a bit' may be an understatement. The feeling he has right now was just how he felt when Akiteru was saying his goodbyes to him. Tsukishima doesn't want Kuroo to leave.

As he finished tracing the sketch, scissors glided easily on it, making the  final piece of the pattern complete. Tsukishima moved towards the large cabinets that contained fabrics. He slowly picked out the right colors and type of fabric that he will use for the design. He settled for a white silk fabric that was abstract painted with different colors for the bell bottom pants, and a black fabric for the elegant halter top.

The sketch he made was simple,but the striking colors of the fabrics he chose made it albeit different. His fingers worked their magic into stitching the hems of the pants, before he plopped down in front of the sewing machine. Only the sounds of the machine was heard clicking and ticking on the cold, silent studio he is in.

Hours have passed. Even if his hands are kind of tired and he is out of breath, he continued working. Tsukishima's brows creased as his chest tightened, because of the mixed feelings he's been feeling for quite some time.

A stupid thought came into his mind. What if... the time out in their relationship was Kuroo's way of saying that he doesn't want to be with him anymore? Tsukishima swallowes hard before shakig his head, continuing his work. If that's the case, he wouldn't bother replying to his message, right?

At exactly 5 PM, he finished the clothes. He put it in a mannequin, and stared at it from afar. Not bad, he thought. But none of his clients would be interested in some quick ready made clothes right? He tossed the scissors into the wooden table and it landed with a loud clank.

A bit exhausted, he leaned a bit on the table. He wanted to recover his strength for a while so he could cook dinner for Kuroo later. Tsukishima tiredly cleaned up all of the used fabrics and papers and stored them in a shelf. He now went to his office and gather his things, now that he remembered that if he wanted to cook for Kuroo, he'd have to drop by in the supermarket for ingredients.

It took quite some time to pick which dish he would serve, but he just settled for the dish that he knows how to cook the best, fried rice and karaage. With paper bags in hand, he hailed a taxi to get home.

His phone rang. And on the screen was registered his Mom. Tsukishima's eyes widened, before answering the call. It was a bit surprising for him to have his Mom call at this time, so he is expecting that something may have happened back at home.

"Hello Kei? How are you?" The usual warm and sweet voice of his Mom greeted him. Now he felt homesick after hearing his mother talk.

"I'm fine. How about you?"