jewel

'i have you, cause you're my jewel'

she turns back to me. there's barely anyone left in the room.

'what is it, ellie?'

i walk to where she's standing still, looking at me affectionately. we reach for each other's hand at the same time and meet in the middle, holding on tightly.

i exhale, ready.

'billie, when i was with you this week, i wanted to kiss you. and that was confusing to me, since i've never done that before. i didn't know what was happening to me. i thought there was something wrong with me. but, um, i figured it out. and i'm sorry that i didn't kiss you under the stars, i was having a proper full on gay crisis and-'

she touches my arms, nodding at me to continue. she looks at me, happily, i think.

'billie, i'm gay. and i have a crush on you. and now i'm going to kiss you.'

'okay.'

i kiss her. she smiles against me, wrapping her arms around my neck. i don't know what to do with my hands. i decide to put one on her cheek, and one in her hair. she doesn't object.

i pull away.

'was that okay?' she says.

'better,' i blush.

she wraps her arms around me, holding me even closer. she kisses the tip of my nose, smiling.

'thank you,' she whispers. she takes her arms away from me, wiping a tear from my cheek.

with one last look behind her, she boards.

an: this is the first time i've ever cried at something i wrote but i love these two sm and writing this was so cute