Safe

Aj pov:

The axe  finally went through  her leg  completely as I took one last swing. As the axe hit solid ground everything was quiet. Like the world had stopped for a split second. I realized that I didn't hear Clem screaming in pain anymore. I looked down to see her head hanging low, and her eyes shut.
She can't be gone. Not now.

I quickly got down on my knees and checked her wrist for a pulse to see if she was still alive. At first I felt nothing, but then I felt a slight beating against my fingers. She was still breathing. She was alive. I sighed in relief, but I now have to think of how to get out of the barn without being attacked by walkers. What would Clem do?

I looked at the walker that I had just gutted and put all over my clothing. I can cover Clem in walker guts too. I rushed over to the walker throwing the axe down into it once more before sinking my hands into its stomach. I started to cover Clem until she was completely covered in walker guts.

I then tried to lift Clem up, but she was too heavy to carry. How am I supposed to get her out of here in one piece? I can't just leave her here! I started looking around for any ideas of how to get Clem out of the barn as the many walkers trying to get into the barn continue to rattle at the doors. I turned around and my eyes landed on a red wheelbarrow full of dirt. I could put her in that and roll her out of here.

I ran over to the wheelbarrow as fast as I could because time was not on my side. I used all of my strength to tip the wheelbarrow over, emptying the dirt out of it. Who knew dirt was so heavy? I rolled the wheelbarrow to Clem's unconscious body laying  against the hay bales. I began to lift her up with as much force as I possibly could managed within myself. As I had finally gotten her into the wheelbarrow, I now had to think about the safest direction of escaping. Then I remembered the path me and Clem took to get to James's Barn only a week ago. I would just have to follow that path again, and I should end up at Erikson's.

In that moment, I noticed a clearing at one of the entrances of the barn. I started to push Clem in the wheelbarrow towards that direction. I noticed very few walkers, so I took my chance. I open the door and moved as fast as my legs could take me. Luckily it was daytime, so I could see what direction I was heading.

I ran and ran, tears in my eyes hoping that I'd see the familiar traps that lay around at the nearby entrance of the school. I started to see one of the traps in the distance. I felt so happy to be nearly home. Clem might actually have a chance. Ruby could fix her up, and she could be all better. Clem could see Louis again. They seem to be getting closer and closer lately. I think they'll both be very happy to see each other. I was taken out of my thoughts when I finally could see the gate to the school.

I saw Willy keeping watch at the lookout post. I started to yell hoping that he'd hear my screaming. He noticed me and waved to me. He then realized that Clem was unconscious, he looked very worried. Willy ran down from the lookout tower yelling everyone's names to get outside.

"We need some help out here. Louis! Violet! Ruby!-", I couldn't here his yelling anymore as he was running further into the school to get help. We where finally safe. We had finally defeated Lily and her people, and she decided to leave out of fear for her life. We won.

--------------------

A.N.
Sorry this chapter is shorter. I just thought it was a nice place to stop
at.👌