Home

Clem's POV:

After hours of sitting in bed, I thought it would be a good time to finally get back on my feet, or foot I mean.😉
It took a lot of convincing to let Louis let me even do as little as stand up. Willy found some old crutches in the schools infirmary. Before he found them I thought I'd never walk again. But now that I have some chance at being able to stand, I can't wait to get out of thus prison of a room and start helping the others rebuild the school. Me and Louis could build the house he was talking about before.. ya'know.

As I got used to the crutches, I was able to keep myself from falling over. Louis insisted he walk by me for a while. Its sweet that he wants to help, it really is, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life relying on other people to do something as simple as walking. But after a bit of convincing I suddenly got him to go ahead of me to dinner.

I was alone now. With my own thoughts. Walking through these empty halls that once had crowds of people walking through them everyday. I can imagine all my friends walking from class to class, having homework at the end of the day. Laughing with not a care in the world. Not knowing the only world that they ever knew would soon be gone. First the dead start to walk, feasting on the living. And soon people would turn against each other too.

I know that that will never change. We can never go back to the way that things were before walkers. But we can make the best of it, being surrounded by people we love. Started to think about what Louis it said back when AJ and I first arrived here. "Living in the moment. It's the only thing we've got, the only thing any of us got. Might as well enjoy it." It's only right now that I realized what that meant.

What's the point in living in a world like this, if you don't have anything to live for?

I have the school. I have my friends. I have my... boyfriend? That's going to take some time to getting used to. I laugh silently to myself as I walk out the door to the courtyard. I see every one getting ready for dinner. Omar's rabbit stew again tonight I'm guessing. I walk to Omar who is prepping the stew.

"Hey Omar," I said.

"Oh hi Clem. I see your walking again. It's good to have you back," Omar says.

"Thanks."

I continue on my stroll over to the picnic tables where Violet and Louis sat. I don't sit. I just observed them. I'm just happy that Violet is back with us. She seems so angry on the boat. To be honest I didn't know if she was going to come back with us after what she said. I don't even know if she wants to talk to me. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed someone coming through the gates of the school. AJ.

I see him walk over and place his bucket of fish down near Omar. I begin to walk over to him. He hasn't noticed me yet.

I stopped walking, I said, "Hey there goofball." At first AJ just stood there, not daring to turn around. Then he slowly turns around to meet my eyes. He looked so genuinely happy. He quickly ran to hug me with a big smile on his face. When he hugged me, he nearly knocked me over. I felt a light pain in my leg.

"Whoa kiddo, easy there," I said in a soft tone.I looked down at him. For a second I thought he would never let go of me. AJ let go of the hug.

"Clem your up- and you have, wood arm legs," AJ said with a confused look plastered on his face. He looked down at my crutches.

"Crutches." I said as I lightly lifted one of them.

"C-crutches," AJ repeated after me. He looked up and smiled at me. "Is dinner almost ready, I'm sooo hungry." I what is about to answer but and I heard her yell from behind me.