Chapter 56: Our Baby

A/N: Ready? This chapter is quite long and quite painful. I've separated it into two parts. You can read the first part and take a break then continue later.

Next will be the last chapter.

______________________________________

• Chapter 55 •

Previously,

"I'm sorry" The man sigh.

"Its either give her the surgery first that may save her life, but you're going to lose your daughter, or your daughter can be saved but you'll lose your wife."

"The mother is unconscious. Since you're the only guardian, we need your words" The doctor added.

Chaeyoung loss the colour from his face. It is as if his heart has suddenly stopped beating and all the blood has run down into his boots. He sways for just a moment before the doctor caught him and lowers him to the chair. Chaeyoung let out a heavy lump of air, a heaviness, an unyielding sorrow.

"Save her........"

"The baby"

• Chapter 56 •

|Part I|

A voice echo through the empty hallway. Chaeyoung turns his head to the side, finding the source of the voice that interrupted his sentence then watch as Tzuyu marching towards him. The younger just finished filling needed paper in the hospital's office and rush to the surgery room. His pounding heart stops as he heard the doctor's explanation and quickly jump into the scene and all eyes are on him.

"The baby. Save the baby Hyung, that's what Mina noona wished for." Tzuyu sighed, standing next to Chaeyoung. He put his palm on his brother's shoulder, gripping it as he forces himself to brings up the truth. Knowing fully it's the worst choice you'll ever give to a man, to a father.

Chaeyoung shut his eyes momentarily. There are two people fighting at each other, both defending their sides and two paths. Right and left. Choices cannot be undone and he knows once the road has been trodden, it shall disappear. And everything is happening inside his mind. He's basically standing in the edge of a cliff surrounded by a pack of wolves and under him is the stillness ocean that is murderous, staying or jumping off wouldn't mean much because both bring the same outcome, effect to him, both are killing him. Then, should he let Mina's decision be the determinant? Or is it so wrong to be selfish?

Chaeyoung heaves a deep sigh, bringing him back to reality. He has always had the answer when it comes to priority. H has always known but it doesn't mean the love he has for the other is much lesser, he will lose a part of his soul and it is irreplaceable. He takes a quiet moment to ask for forgiveness and pray. Having what the doctor had said to him giving him a clear view of what his final words will be. Child is a gift, a pure soul and it may be only his imagination but the time his eyes flutter open, a single white light penetrating the place coming from the end of the hallway and in it, stands a small little girl with two ponytails, wearing the beanie her grandmother had knitted and a pink winter mittens her mother had made for her and those little hands are waving at him.

A faint smile formed against Chaeyoung's lips causing his eyes to crease as he let an effortless tear to escaped.

"Save my wife," He decides.

The doctor nods "I suppose what I had said becomes a contributing factor. It's about quality of life and survival chances. That's a wise decision. I'll try my best" He gives an assurance smile and quickly walks away. The automatic sliding door open and he disappears inside along with nurses who comes running while pushing a trolley containing boxes. Chaeyoung knows what it is, blood bags.