Chapter 15

Day of The Masquerade

I stand in front of my mirror. Antoinette is tying up my corset. We're about to leave for the ball downstairs. She's already dressed. I stand in my red and black gown.

I look as if something straight out of hell. The red fabric falls in waves down my pale skin. A black corset on my waist. A black mask covering my eyes and nose, but leaving my lips and forehead exposed.

I've put a red rose in my black hair. I wear black boots, and there's a layer of black see through lace under my corset.

I put on a black overcoat.

When I'm dressed I put on a single layer of red lipstick. And I'm ready.

Antoinette's black gown looks perfect on her. And we are sure to stand out.

We take each other arms and wait a couple minutes before going. A fashionably late entrance.

We stand on the grand staircase. Everyone is dressed in white and gold.

Heads turn and we take the stairs. Men leave their partners to approach us. We look amazing and everyone knows it.

A boy in a dark green suit comes up to Antoinette. It's Alexander. He smiles upon seeing her. He takes her hand, pressing a kiss to it. "May I have this dance ma'am". She giggles and heads off with him.

I stand on the bottom stair. People come in awe just to look at me. I smile at them but mostly smirk.

My eyes search for Erik but I can't see him. Until the doors of the staircase slam open. I turn behind me.

There he is. He's in all red like me. He wears a skull mask on his face. A glittering red cape is behind him. A sword is sheathed at his side. He holds a black leather bound bundle. A red coat comes over his outfit, and black knee high boots at his feet.

"Good evening messieurs " he booms.

He takes painfully slow steps down the steps.

He presents his opera to the managers.

"First some instructions"

"Olive. Must be taught to act. Not her normal trick of strutting around the stage" his voice is like that of a serpent. But rich and almost seductive.

He continued threatening and critiquing people.

He looked at me, "As for our star. Miss Clara Thomas."

He sheathes his sword and he comes closer to me. I'm almost hypnotized by his voice alone. I take steps toward him.

People are in fear. He takes my hand, pressing it to his lips. I do my best not to smirk or smile. He leans next to my ear, "meet me downstairs in a minute. I'm going to go change".

I nod. He swirls his cape and in a puff of smoke he's gone. People resume to dancing. I go off and stand at the side telling people no when they ask for dances. Antoinette and Alexander dance the floor. She's in pure bliss.

Soon I feel a warm hand on my shoulder. Then another on my neck. Then there is a firm pair of lips pressed against my neck.

I turn around. It's Erik. He's in all black and a black mask covers his face.

I smile pressing a kiss to him.

He walks me to the band. Asking them to stop. He gives them some francs and the music stops. Erik drags me to the middle of the dance floor.

People clear and stare at us in awe. The beautiful woman and her masked man. Who is he? Where did he come from? I wish he would dance with me, are some of the thoughts running through people's heads.

Erik wraps an arm around my waist, while on of mine is on his shoulder. Our free hands tangle and the music starts. It's a beautiful melody. He sways us all around the room. People are in shock. I am a little surprised, I never knew he could dance this well.

He sings to me with the music.

Nighttime sharpens, heightens each sensation
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination
Silently the senses abandon their defenses

Slowly, gently, night unfurls its splendor
Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender
Turn your face away from the garish light of day
Turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light
And listen to the music of the night

Our dance is slow and soft. I lean against his chest. He sighs gently against me and keeps singing.

Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams
Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before
Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar!

At soar he twirls me letting my dress fly out. I giggle. Everyone is mesmerized by his voice. Including me.

He pulls me close against him.

And you'll live as you've never lived before

Softly, deftly, music shall surround you
Feel it, hear it closing in around you
Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind
In this darkness which you know you cannot fight
The darkness of the music of the night

Let your mind start a journey to a strange new world
Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before
Let your soul take you where you long to be

Instead of holding the note on be, Erik turns me to lean down pressing a passionate kiss to me. People gasp. I melt into his arms, my hands tangle in his hair. He pulls me up finishing his song.

Only then can you belong to me

He turns me around. His hands go down my neck, and land on my waist. I sigh pressing my head against his chest. His hands explore my waist while he continues to sing.

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication
Touch me, trust me, savor each sensation
Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in
To the power of the music that I write
The power of the music of the night

We're dancing across the floor. People reach out to touch us. I'm lost in the music and his voice.

He lifts me up high when the music crescendos.

He sets me down to finish the music.

You alone can make my song take flight
Help me make the music of the night

As the song closes, I can't hold back anymore. I lean forward kissing him. My hands hold his face. He plays with my hair.

He picks me up and carries me off the dance floor. I'm so exhausted and my corset feels extremely tight. I sit in his lap when I feel like I can't breathe, I struggle to breathe and my vision goes black.

*Cute Chapter. I hope you guys like it as much as I did. Anyways. Leave a vote and comment. Thanks for reading! Have a nice day! ❤️*