Chapter 28

Up Above is Clara's dress. I know this wedding is kinda sudden but, it's just what I felt like doing.

^1 Year After the Events of Don Juan*

I stand in front of a floor length mirror. The wedding ceremony is in a couple hours and I need to get ready.

Antoinette is sitting on the bed, holding baby Meg against her chest. The baby looks like Alexander, with platinum blonde curls and bright blue eyes.

Mrs Jules stands behind me tying the corset on my dress. I wear multiple layers of white and cream fabric. Tight white stockings are on my legs. The corset restricts part of my breathing but I don't care.

I haven't seen Erik since last night. When I woke up he was gone. I don't think he even slept in the same room.

When we eventually finish the layers of the dress Antoinette hands the baby to Mrs Jules.

Antoinette sits me down, starting to curl and brush my ivory black hair. I stay still, folding my hands in my lap. After tugging and pinning my hair is pinned in a beautiful bun, parts of my curly hair left to hang and frame my face. We keep my makeup simple mostly. Only adding a single layer of red lipstick.

When my makeup is done we add the veil. I can sort of see, but I'm a little blind.

I carefully pull it back and start helping Antoinette into her dress. Baby Meg starts crying and Antoinette groans.

I lift the baby into my arms and start singing a lullaby.

Angel of Music
Guide and Guardian
Who is this angel?
This angel of music

I rock her in my arms and see Mrs Jules and Antoinette giving me strange looks.

"What?"

"Nothing. It's just that song. She likes it"

I look at Meg. She smiles a toothless grin and her eyes light up. I smile handing her to Antoinette.

"Hello my darling. Gosh you look like your daddy. If only he were here. But he's here in here" she points at Meg's chest. Meg coos.

Anty presses a kiss to the baby's forehead and we finish getting ready.

~~~

I stand in a back room at the church. I hold a bouquet of red roses.

Antoinette hugs me. "I'm so proud of you" she whispers.

"Thank you" I whisper back trying not to cry.

"What for?"

"For being there. I love you Antoinette"

"I love you too. Now get back out there and marry that hunk"

I giggle wiping the tears from my eyes.

The music starts and we walk into the church. Antoinette holds up my veil.

I can barely see but I keep moving. I see a figure at the end of the carpet and my nervousness disappears.

I can feel his smile. A hot blush rises in my cheeks.