11

Amy's pov

We have been here at sunshine for a few days, Gunner is letting me stay in a suite until Nick and Nancy are taking care of. He also let me only work with Mark.

"Good morning," I said as I knocked on Mark's door.

The door opened slowly, his eyes darted around looking behind me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, just a bad dream. Come in." He held the door for me.

Once the door was closed I wrapped my arms around him.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just a bad dream of Nick finding us here and Gunner let him have us."

"That's not going to happen, Nick is not finding us and if he does. Well, Gunner will most likely have him killed. He is very protective of me."

"How protective?" His voice was soft.

"Let's just say if he found out I moved on we would not be here."

"Everything is going to be okay, he put me on the non- danger level. And he doesn't really seem to worry about Damien."

"Was Damien hiding?"

"Yeah, he was afraid we would be moved to the red suit area."

"How powerful is Damien?"

"Very and is getting stronger by the day."

I nodded my head then let him go.

"I have to do your check-up. I am only using the things you see here to do them."

I had a few standard nurse's tools on me.

He nodded his head then let me do what I needed to do.

"You are perfectly fine." I smiled at him as I wrote his temp down.

"So, what does that mean?"

"That I can call for your breakfast, what would you like?"

"Whatever you're getting."

I ordered some pancakes and bacon for us with coffee. After we ate I had to go talk to Gunner.

"I will be back." I smiled at Mark then left his room.

The walk to Gunner's office has never changed, I always hated it.

"Amy! Please come in!" Gunner said as I knocked on his door.

"Hello, thank you again for helping us."

"Sit down," he said looking at the chair in front of him.

I did as I was told.

"So, Amy, I talked to Nick. He said that you were getting feelings for Mark." His eyes tried to cut through me.

"Of course he did Gunner! He is not going to tell you that he tried to kill me. If he did then you would have killed him! Look at what he did to me!" I lifted my shirt showing my stomach. "These lines are from him trying to barbeque me alive! Look at my neck, he put that shock collar on me. I thought I was going to die." I didn't know I was crying until he came over and held me. I let the tears flow, he needs to believe that this is the reason why we are here.

"Amy, I am so sorry. I should have known he was lying. You are too into saving people to be with someone."

"I just want the pain to stop. How can they hurt someone?"

"I don't know. But if they come here I will end them. You are safe. How did you get to know Mark?"

"He saved my life, Dawn the person I was assigned to tried to kill me on my first day. Mark who turned into Damien pushed him away from me and got me to safety."