4 ~ Karma

"dad! I'm finally out." A young man said. "You need to come pick me up!"

"I've already sent my car for you!" His father said, on the call. "The driver will bring you home."

"Home? You mean your house?" The man asked as he left the gates of prison and looked for the car "I don't want to go back there."

"I know, this is why you'll live with me from now on!" His father said.

"I found the car!" The man said as he saw the car parked across the street. "Where's the driver, there's nobody in it!"

"There's no driver?" His father asked.

"No!" He replied and tried to open the door of driver's seat. "Don't worry, it's unlocked!"

"Drive safe!"

"I will, thanks dad." He said "I'll stay at my girlfriend's place for tonight."

"What?!" His father said "not again! You've been in enough trouble because of her. There's no need to see her anymore. Come back home!"

"Stop being that judgement dad!" He replied "I love her after all."

"Love? Do you see where this love got you?!" His father said as his son started driving while talking to his dad "you've been in prison already! We don't want anymore problems son! Your wife was such a sophisticated lady. You should've stick loyal to her. She loved you!"

"Who cares about whom she loved?! Not me, I don't care!" The man said to his father "my affair was going perfectly fine until she found out! And after that she threatened me for filling a divorce and demanding 50% of my property. I wouldn't have killed her if she never made her stupid choices!"

"It's better for you to come straight home. There are too many articles on the internet about you killing her!" His father said "it's better if nobody finds out that you're out of the prison now."

"What a bitch! Even after her death, she's troubling me!" He said "what about her family? Did you try to resolve the matter with them."

"No matter how much I offered them, they didn't accept it." His father said "they still want to see you in prison!"

"A bunch of assholes! This whole family is a curse to me!" The man said "do they know I'm out?!"

"No!"

"Good! Make sure they don't find out." The man said "I'll see what to do with them."

"What are you planning to do?" His father asked.

"Their daughter died and half of my problems ended." He said "now it's time for them all to die and let me live peacefully!"

"Son! Don't do it!" His father said "you just got out, don't make anymore trouble. You already killed her. Don't you regret it?"

"Regret? I fucking love my life after she's dead!" The man said.

"How could you...." His father breaks down "I don't want to see you in anymore trouble for the rest of my life! I'm already old, I can't take so much!"

"Aw Don't be so sentimental dad!" He said "let's go out and celebrate tomorrow night! Let's have some drinks together!"

He hung up and continues driving towards his girlfriend's house. After a few minutes, he noticed that the car was almost out of fuel. The road was long and dark, as well as silent and lonely. He saw a small roadside garage but it was closed. It was already 11pm by now, it would be really difficult to find a garage open at this hour. But he also didn't know if there will be any petrol station ahead. He took out his phone and searched for petrol pumps near him and luckily it was just 2 minutes away. But he still needed some fuel. He saw the cans of petrol kept on a shelf inside the garage. There seemed nobody around there, not even inside. He took it as a chance and did another sin, the act of stealing. He broke the lock and got in, taking cans from the garage and filling up his car. But karma was chasing him all this time, right after he left the prison.

While he was filling his car, he noticed a shadow in the window of his car. But whenever he turned back, there was nobody. He freaked out but just a little. He pulled out a cigarette from his pocket, got back in the driver's seat and started to look for his lighter. But he couldn't find it, suddenly his windows started rolling down, one by one all 4 of them. This made him scared and sweating at the same time. He couldn't believe his eyes, how horrifying it was. He started the engine and drove from that place but this was not the end, not now. He kept turning behind while driving the car, looking for the person who tried to prank him.

Only if he knew, she wasn't a person but his dead wife.