Chapter Three: Impulse

~Y/n's POV~

I've never felt so much joy changing into a new outfit. Ink had literally made it in 5 seconds but I loved it.

It was a very comfortable light gray sweater that perfectly fit my frame, except for the sleeves being a little long. The black jeans were soft to the touch, albeit a little plain. I loved them none the less though. I had a pair of white tennis shoes that weren't too tight unlike some of my other pairs. To complete the look, a scarf exactly like Ink's hung around my neck.

I spun around in a circle for Ink, who looked proud of his work. I gave him a quick peck and took his hand to lead him down the stairs. I couldn't quite explain why I was so happy this morning, that is until I saw Dream's radiant smile when I entered the living room.

The whole room had been transformed with several banners that said things like 'Welcome back Y/n and Nightmare!' Confetti had also been strewn across the room in every single color of the rainbow. Balloons were tied to just about everything, and it looked Dream and Blueberry had drawn a face on every single one.

I was absolutely speechless as I slowly walked through the living room, twisting my neck sometimes painfully to get a good look at the place. Error had surprisingly pitched in as well, his electric blue strings draped across the ceiling and two dolls that looked like me and Nightmare hung down from them.

I caught a whiff of something delicious from the kitchen and quickly rushed over to see what the others were cooking. As soon as I entered, I realized who they wanted me to meet.

She was a head taller than all of us, and I could feel the waves of magic radiating for her. This wasn't someone to be messed with. She had her back turned to me so I couldn't see her facial features, but I had a feeling she was an alternate me.

She had a light gray tank top on which exposed her almost pure white skin and bony structure, black jeans that were too tight on her, a gray belt wrapped tightly around her wide hips, and black combat boots that were being overlapped by her pants. On her left wrist she had a silver watch that looked quite expensive, and on her right wrist was a colorful hand-made friendship bracelet. How cute. Her hair was also about an inch shorter than mine.

Poison was talking animatedly to her until she caught sight of me. She flushed and looked away quickly towards the wall. The new girl followed her gaze before she looked away and saw me. I froze when I saw her face.

It was thinner and longer than mine but that's not what made me speechless. It was the cracks running up one eye and down the other and the fact our eyes were completely identical. Her right eye was my natural eye color and left eye was the pale purple of Gaster's magic.

We stared into each others eyes for a moment, both processing each other's looks. She was the one who snapped back to reality first.

"Ah, you must be Y/n. It's nice to finally meet you, Poison's told me a lot about you. My name is, well, Y/n, but you can call me Impulse." She greeted, her voice slightly deeper than mine and a touch more raspy. She walked over to me and extended her right hand which had a circular hole in the center.

I grasped her hand and we shook at the same time, I could feel her hand slightly vibrating with magic. It was a rather comforting feeling actually. We let go and she looked up at someone else who entered the room. I turned around and saw G enter the room, he seemed to be the only person that was taller than her in the entire house.

Impulse walked up to G and they did a secret fist bump sort of thing. It was only then I noticed the gold chain around her neck that ended in half of a heart. Exactly like Poison's except it faced the other way. My thoughts churned as I looked back at Poison, her face was a deep red when she noticed I had seen the necklace. She clutched hers tightly, her knuckles going white.

Could it be? Poison was in love, or at least, was dating someone? The idea seemed so bizarre, she openly displayed disgust at anything romantic and yet... maybe they were just really good friends? It would explain the friendship bracelet. But I definitely couldn't see Poison doing that.

My thoughts became even more confused when Impulse walked past me and wrapped her arm around Poison. Poison somehow became a deeper red and her blush was starting to spread to her neck, she covered herself with her hands (like it would help).

"Aw, babe. You look so adorable as a cherry." Impulse said, planting a small kiss on Poison's head. Yep, definitely dating. Poison had started making sounds not unlike a tea kettle and Impulse chuckled.

"You usually don't get this flustered, what's wrong babe?" Impulse asked her, before looking at my bewildered expression.

"Ohhhh, I get it. She doesn't know you're... but she's alright with it so why so embarrassed?"

Poison simply hid her face in her arms, definitely wishing she could teleport away. The necklace came loose from her grip and I could finally read it. It said, 'My'. When I got a look at Impulse's necklace it said, 'Love'. Oh my goodness that's adorable.

"Aww, how long have you two been together?" I asked them, now that this unbelievable information sunk in. I was really happy for Poison, maybe she wouldn't be so grumpy all the time now.

"3 years. I arrived a little after you went missing."

I nodded and then a tiny skeleton entered the room. He had pajamas on that were a little too big for him but made him look even more adorable. He perked up when he saw Impulse and waddled over to her to hug her legs, he hardly came up to her thighs.

"Oh, hey Goth." Impulse said, smiling down at the tiny skeleton and leaning down to ruffle his nonexistent hair.

Geno quickly rushed into the room and sighed in relief when he saw Goth hugging Impulse's legs.

"So sorry, it's so hard to keep track of him sometimes. Hope he didn't bother you." Geno said, scooping up the small skeleton in his arms. More skeletal biology questions entered my mind. Like seriously, how did a male skeleton give birth?

"It's no trouble, how could I ever be mad at him?"

They started chit-chatting and I decided to leave them alone. I saw Poison peek through her hair when I walked away, looking relieved. I didn't get why she was so embarrassed, this was a completely normal thing.

An argument must've broken out while I was in the kitchen because when I re-entered the living room Fell and Reaper were arguing over which board game to play first.

"Uno is boring as hell! Let's play Clue!" Fell yelled, shoving the game's box in Reaper's face.

"Hell no! Clue is dumb!" Reaper bickered back, shoving the box away from him and slapping Fell's face with the Uno card pack.

I sighed and slumped onto the couch next to Ink who wrapped his arm around my shoulders. He visibly relaxed when he did so, like the small moment of being separated had caused him an indescribable amount of stress.

The argument was starting to get a bit more physical, and I knew that it would get out of hand quickly. I honestly didn't feel up to playing a board game, I just wanted to snuggle with Ink and maybe watch a movie. I'm sure a ton of good ones have released in the past 5 years.

Suddenly, something was thrown in the air and the entire room went dark. My entire body froze and my heart started to thud. I was back in the VOID, but I still felt Ink's arm around me.

"You knocked out the light! Idiot." Reaper groaned in the pitch black, then suddenly a neon blue circular light appeared in the middle of the room. Reaper had activated his magic eye and was fumbling around trying to find something.

I hadn't realized I was hugging Ink extremely tightly, I couldn't see but I could tell my knuckles were white from how tight my grip was. My breath was quickening, my heart started to race, and I felt like I was going to be sick.

Everyone was shouting things to one another, trying to find a way to turn the lights back on. My ears started to ring, my palms got sweaty, I could feel my head get lighter and lighter until...

It was bright again.

~~~