29

Three Months Later

Manny pulled into the driveway slowly, looking around before turning to Lauren who was already looking at him skeptically. "Manny, why the fuck are we in someone's driveway?" She asked. Manny grinned before looking towards the house.

"Come on," He coaxed, getting out the car and headed to her side, helping her out. Manny led her towards the two story house and grabbed the keypad, entering in the six digits code that would unlock the door.

"Manny, how do you know the code to this?" Lauren asked nervously, looking around the neighborhood, making sure nobody else was watching her minority race boyfriend easily break into a house it seemed someone had just bought.

"Tell me what you think of this." He told her as he pushed the door open, motioning for her to walk inside.

"Manny, I'm not trying to do anything illegal. I just got Em back and I'm not trying to lose her or our child."

"You won't lose either of them." Manny told her with a chuckle. "Go into the house, look around. Tell me what you think."

"Manuel!" Lauren complained. Manny kissed her forehead.

"Go inside." Was the only thing he told her, smacking her firm ass then nodded towards the house. Lauren groaned, walking in and slowly looked around. Manny walked in behind her, watching her facial expressions, seeing which part of the house she liked and loved and when she was done looking around, she turned to look at Manny.

"This is a nice house and all. But why are we here?" Manny smiled.

"This is our house." Lauren raised her eyebrow.

"Is this why you've been missing out on appointments and shit?" She asked. Manny shrugged.

"One of the reasons. I wanted to find a good house that we can raise our kids in and I wanted to make sure it was perfect for all of us, closer to the new clinic." He explained. Manny had gotten an opportunity to open up a new clinic but the only problem was, it was out of town, a couple towns over actually so he decided to buy a house closer to it not only because he wanted a big house to raise their kids in but because, he and Lauren would work there and it would easier for them to travel there if they were closer to it.

"Do you like it?" Manny asked Lauren nervously. She nodded eagerly. "I'm glad you like it cause I bought it already." Manny said quietly.

Lauren shook her head with a smile. "Well since we established that, can we get something to eat? I'm-."

***

Three Weeks Later

"-hungry and I have to pee," Lauren commented as she took off her shirt and put on the hospital gown the doctor gave her before she left the room.

"Me too." Manny joked. Lauren looked over at him just as she sat on the exam table and narrowed her eyes. "I'm joking."

"This isn't a joking fucking matter, asshole." Manny smiled before leaning over the exam table and pressing a kiss to her lips.

"I love you too." There was a knock on the door, both Manny and Lauren turned their attention to the door, watching as it opened. The doctor and nurse peeked their heads in.

"Hi, Ms. Franklin and Dad to be." The doctor said gently. "I don't believe we've met." She said gently. Manny looked towards Lauren.

"It's a woman." He mouthed, shocked. Lauren rolled her eyes.

"This is my fiancé and the father to the unborn child inside of me," Lauren commented as the doctor laughed.

"Dr. Manny Rodriguez. I asked to be her doctor but that's frowned upon apparently." The doctor laughed and looked at Lauren.