8. You think I'm Old, Huh?

Oh lord, I have come up with another hop fanfic WHY BRAIN???? I have no time for another (but might f around and do it anyway sorry friends)

(also cruiser is a CURSED word for me now but it's the only way I can explain his car UGH)

This chapter is so fluffy, hops got a real soft spot for blake rn which is sweet uwu

not edited

_________________________

Blake wiped the tears off her cheeks, her heart pounding in her chest. Hoppers arms were tightly around her waist and she felt him move his head to look at her, and she looked up at him.

"Feelin' a little better?" he asked, his lips turning up a little.

Blake's cheeks reddened and she sniffled, "um yeah, I'm good. Thank you," she said, still hyper-aware of his arms still tight around her.

Hopper nodded "anytime," he said quietly and released her from his grasp clearing his throat. However, he definitely saw that her cheeks had turned a bright red. Just recently he had started to noticed she was doing that a lot around him. Hopper rocked back on his heels slightly, trying to suppress his smile from growing larger. He really shouldn't be feeling like this about someone so much younger than him.

"I guess we should make sure that my siblings are okay," she said turning on her heel a newfound fire lit in her stomach. Neil was going to get what was coming to him.

"Hold up," Hopper said and for the second time, he grabbed her wrist, pulling her back towards him, "gotta do something about those knuckles," he said, looking at her split knuckles.

Blake looked down at her hand, now that the adrenaline had dissipated from the events with Neil, her whole hand was throbbing and she hissed, "yeah this shit hurts."

Hopper laughed and started walking back to his office, "c' mon I'll patch you up."

Blake silently followed him to his office, her heart rate picking back up again. To be honest she sort of hated that she was going soft around him. She really liked that badass, chip on her shoulder, persona she had going on, but the man in front of her kept on tearing down all her walls rather quickly. That scared her a little.

Hopper suddenly appeared in front of her with a medical kit and she wondered how long she was standing in place lost in her thoughts. He looked at her, watching her reactions, as he grabbed the alcohol wipes and gestured for her to put her hand out.

Blake held out her hand, it was shaking a little and she exhaled sharply when he grabbed her hand softly in his.

"You okay? I'm not hurting you am I?" he asked her, eyebrows furrowed in concern as he waited for her to answer before cleaning her cuts.

Blake shook her head, "um, no I'm good," she said, her voice strained, looking up at him.

Hopper held her gaze for a moment longer before dropping it to her cuts and started cleaning them.

Blake instantly snatched her hand away, hissing in pain, "ow! What the fuck?"

Hopper raised an eyebrow, "it doesn't hurt that bad, c' mon," he said beckoning for her to put her hand back out.

"I'm good, just slap a bandaid on these babies and we can go," Blake said hotly.

"Really Hargrove," Hopper said, "it's an alcohol wipe. You have a bruised ribs and you think this hurts?" he asked referring to wipe.

"What?" she asked, raising an eyebrow, "that shit stings, just put a bandaid on it, Hop."

Hopper rolled his eyes and set the wipe down and quickly put bandaids on her knuckles and led her out to his cruiser. Blake quickly walked past him and hopped into the passenger seat, wringing her hands together. She really hoped that Neil didn't do anything to Billy or Max before Powell and Callahan got there.

"You walk so slow old man," Blake said setting her shoes on the dashboard.

Hopper got into the driver's seat, eyes narrowed at her. It seemed that her 'softer' side had vanished into thin air and he has left with her attitude again. "get your shoes off my dash," he said and pushed her legs off of it.

Blake jumped in her seat when his hand pushed at her knees and she dropped her legs. She made a face at him, hoping to cover that stupid blush that dusted her cheeks again. When he started the car, Blake leaned against the passenger door, watching the small downtown of Hawkins fly by.

She glanced at him out of the corner of her eye taking in the strong sweep of his jaw, to his furrowed brow, then back down to his hands on the steering wheel- stop. Blake sighed what the hell was she doing? Why were Max's words ringing in her ears? Hopper was so much older than her and not to mention that would never work out anyway. Why would he be interested in a pothead, broken, person like her? Why was she even thinking about this, again?

"So you think I'm old, huh?" Hopper said, drawing her out of her thoughts.

Blake locked her gaze on his as they slowed down by her house, "maybe, I mean you sure as hell couldn't keep up with me when I ran away."

"How does that correlate to being old?" he asked turning off the car, eyes narrowing.

"I don't know," she said with a quirky smile and got out of the car.

Hopper got out and shut the door behind him loudly. He quickly caught up to her, his towering frame dwarfing her next to him. He chuckled, "you're probably the most confusing person I've ever met, Hargrove."

Blake smirked and she looked up at him, "good, I intend to keep that way," she said and without a second thought, she patted his chest before striding off towards Max and Billy who were sitting on the lawn.

______________

very uwu chapter I am DRAWING out season two dang,  next chapter they might go to the pumpkin patch if it works out!