Ch12: Worsened

Todoroki's pov

I opened my eyes weakly, trying to figure out what was going on and where I was.
"Shoto. How are you feeling?" someone asked. I tried to move my head but I didn't have the energy so I just moved my eyes towards the source instead. I saw Natsuo and Fuyumi looking at me with worried looks. I tried to respond but when I opened my mouth all that came out was a really quite squeak. Both of them got even more worried. I could tell by their faces. I looked to the other side and saw Tamaki. She was asleep on a hospital bed but she didn't look well at all. The dark rings under her eyes were even worse and her skin was even paler than usual.
'Do I look like that?' I thought. I wanted to voice my concerns but once again all that came out of my parted lips was a barely audible squeak. I heard a door open and the sound of footsteps as someone walked in.
"Mr Todoroki. Your awake. How are you feeling?" someone asked although they stood out of my range of sight.
"He's not doing good. Every time he's tried to say something, all that comes out is a squeak" Fuyumi explained. I heard the doctor approach.
"Can you please open your mouth" the doctor asked. I did so. He began examining my mouth and I started to feel pain in my jaw. A lot of pain. Spots decorated my vision again and soon enough I was pulled back into darkness.

***

Shota's pov

I walked into the hospital room, looking at the two teens. They were looking really bad. Both were horribly pale and they had dark eyes. Their lips were cracked and now they were connected up to an iv. I walked over to Tamaki. I brushed her fringe out of her face so I could see her other eye.
"I'm so sorry Tamaki. I should have payed more attention and noticed that you were hurting. Then none of this would have happened" I mumbled to her but I knew she didn't hear me. I just sighed and pulled a chair over, sitting in silence with her.