Ch16: Officially together

Shoto's pov

I was sitting in the hospital with Midoriya and Iida. We still hadn't been released yet and we'd been told off for using our quirks against Stain. I looked down at my phone. Still no answer from Tamaki. I'd texted her, explaining how I was currently in hospital and how I'd ended up here because I attacked The hero killer Stain. I had already sent the text before we were told to keep quite so I couldn't have known.
"Maybe she's busy" I mumbled to myself.
"Maybe who's busy?" Midoriya asked. I looked up when suddenly the door opened. I looked up and saw Tamaki.
"Tamaki? What are you doing here?" I asked.
"I got your text and I asked Edgeshot if I could see if you were alright" she replied, lifting up her phone while looking to the side. I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" she apologised.
"It's not your fault. It's alright. I'm not that badly hurt" I assured her, running my hands through her hair.
"Are you guys dating or something?" Midoriya asked, looking between us.
"I don't k-"
"Yes" I cut Tamaki off. She looked at me with a little surprise.
"We are?" she asked.
"Yes" I told her, looking back at her.
"You really shouldn't. There are way better people out there and-" I placed a finger over her lips and looked at her with a gentle gaze. A doctor suddenly walked in.
"Mr Todoroki. Your free to leave" he stated. I nodded, grabbing my stuff.
"Come on. I'll walk you back to the agency you were interning at. You must be tired" I told her.
"Not really. I'm an imsominac. I don't really get tired" she replied, walking out with me.
"You know. Since we're dating. We should probably go on a date" I pointed out.
"A date?" she asked in surprise.
"No rush though. I don't want to make you think that I'm rushing you. I want you to be comfortable before we do anything too serious" I told her, entertwining our fingers.
"Do I need to meet your family?" she asked.
"Like I said. No rush. We can take things at a pace that your comfortable with" I assured her. She nodded. We kept walking until we reached her house. She turned to me. I smiled and placed a kiss on her forehead. Her cheeks turned a slight pink which she tried to hide with her hair. I smiled at her, brushing some of her hair back behind her ear.
"Goodnight" I told her.
"Night" she replied.
"Love you" I whispered before detangling our fingers. She nodded in reply as I headed towards my house. I opened the door and found my dad there, pretty annoyed. "Is something wrong?" I asked with a straight face. I saw Fuyumi behind him, giving me a gentle smile.
"Who was that I saw you with when I saw you in the streets?" he asked, eyes narrowed and arms crossed.
"That's Tamaki Aizawa. She's a classmate" I replied.
"Then why were you holding hands?" he asked.
"She's also my girlfriend" I stated.
"This is not acceptable. For one, you should be focusing on your studies. Not a girlfriend. Second, that girl is a disgrace. She doesn't even look appealing" he snapped at me. Fuyumi looked very surprised by his outburst.
"You can't control my life. I love Tamaki and you can't tell me otherwise" I told him before walking off to my room, not wanting to listen to him yell about Tamaki anymore.

***

Buzz. Buzz.

I was woken up by my phone ringing. I looked at the time. It was 2:43am. I pushed myself up and looked at my phone, wondering who was calling me at nearly 3 in the morning. I was instantly awake when I saw that it was Tamaki, quickly accepting the call.
"Tamaki?" I asked. All I got in response was heavy breathing. I waited for her to answer.
"

I'm..... sorry" she whispered, voice cracking and it sounded like she was crying.
"Sssh. Stay calm and tell me what's wrong" I told her.
"I'm...... Sorry..... I shouldn't have woken you" she apologiesed.
"No its alright. Tell me what's wrong?" I promoted her.
"I......... I broke our promise" she sobbed. It took me a second to figure out what she meant.
'Promise?.......... Wait. The promise that she'd try to stop cutting....... Oh shit. She cut hereself' I thought. I quickly scrambled out of bed and as quitetly but as quickly as possible, snuck down the stairs. I put on a jacket and shoes and slipped out the house.
"Tamaki. Stay calm. Where's Mr Aizawa?" I asked.
"I think he's staying over with friends. He was out with them so I think he's staying with them" she replied.
"And Shinso?" I asked.
"Staying over at a friend's as well" she answered.
"Alright. Stay calm. I'm on my way. Do you want me to stay on the phone with you?" I asked.
"You don't have to come over" she whispered.
"No. I'm coming. Now do you want me to stay on the phone or no?" I asked gently.
"Yes please"