Chapter 2-Kaneshiro Garmadon

Vendence slowly opened his eyes to a bright light. He hissed gently as he adjusted his eyesight. He noticed that the room was bland, wooden walls with a simple sliding door. A mat rested upon the floor. He felt a smooth piece of cloth beneath.

He blinked and attempted to get up, only to snarl in pain as he fell back down. "Jguthjb rughjsb dehfurhgj!(Curse the Warlords!)" He exclaimed, clenching is fists.

The sound of footsteps quickly echoed across the room as a man entered. He wore a black kimono with a conical bamboo sun hat. His gold eyes darted towards him.

Vendence recognised the man. The Child. "Ughtjedh.(You.)" He hissed.

Vendence watched as he placed a hand upon him. He snarled and slapped the hand away. "Jughen frighj ihfrhb fjeifh grugh!(Get your hands of me!)" He warned.

The man ignored him and quickly set about doing up the bandages.

Vendence was confused, why was The Child helping. He was an Oni, and The Child was of both. Shouldn't he have killed him by him? And if not, why hadn't he?

"You are confused young one." The man said.

Vendence blinked. "Why do you help me?" He asked, deciding that The Child might not understand Oni Speech.

The Child smiled. "Because you needed help." He answered.

Vendence narrowed his eyes. "You help one who could destroy you. Why?" He inquired.

The Child chuckled. "Regardless of whether or not you're Oni or Dragon, Human or Serpentine. It would be wrong to leave you to die. I must, after all, set an example for my Realm." He replied.

Vendence blinked. "Realm?" He asked, confusion etched onto his face.

The Child smiled. "Ninjago, a Realm free of the war between Oni and Dragon." He replied.

Vendence raised one of his eyes. "Ninjego?" He said.

"Nin-ja-go." The Child corrected.

"Nin-ja-go?" Vendence said again.

The Child nodded. "Ninjago."

Vendence glanced up at the ceiling. "Ninjago." He told himself.

The Child smiled. "Where are my manners. My name is Kaneshiro Garmadon." He said.

Vendence nodded slightly. "Vendence, son of Vandance and Mystake." He replied.

Kaneshiro nodded. "Vendence my Oni friend."

Vendence cut him off. "I'm not your friend." He hissed.

Kaneshiro nodded. "How did you come to obtain these injuries. Did you fight against The Dragon King, or against Firstbourne?" He asked.

Vendence sighed. "Neither. They came from the Warlords." He answered.

Kaneshiro nodded. "Hmm. The three Warlords, Vengetron, Deceptiblast and Hatewave. Why did they attack you?" He inquired.

Vendence snarled. "Why do you care?"

"Because, it will allow me to aid in your healing." Kaneshiro replied.

"How will that help?" Vendence spat.

Kaneshiro smiled. "Knowing how you obtained the injuries in the first allows me to determine the best path to heal them. Now, please keep quiet. King Mambo the first will be arriving shortly to discuss battle tactics." He said.

Vendence blinked. "You said this Realm was free of war?"

Kaneshiro sighed. "I said the war between Oni and Dragon. This war is between light and dark. A being of darkness, The Overlord came to be and has come to want to rule over this Realm." He explained.

Vendence nodded. "So what, he can't stand against the Oni." He responded.

Kaneshiro shook his head. "My power has kept a majority of the Oni out. But The Overlord, he matches my own power level. We are on equal footing. It is only a matter of time until he creates his own army to fight back."

Vendence looked at Kaneshiro. "Why did you create Ninjago?" He asked.

Kaneshiro smiled lightly. "Back in the Realm of Oni and Dragon, I attempted to end the war between the two races. But none would listen. Knowing that I couldn't end the war. I left to create my own Realm, a place where peace and harmony would exist. Where light would triumph over darkness." He answered.

Vendence nodded. "I see."

-------

Kaneshiro slowly walked out into the courtyard to find King Mambo the first and his guards waiting for him.

"Kanessshrio." King Mambo the first said as he slithered over to him. "You are disssstracted." He said.

Kaneshiro nodded. "Of course my Serpentine comrade. I have an injured comrade resting. But let's not dwell upon him, for we have to plan our tactics to use against The Overlord." He said.

King Mambo the first nodded. "Of courssse." He replied.