34. Even Harder Forgetting

Romania             

                “Genevieve!” Jared shouted as he rushed over to us.

                I pushed myself back as I felt her blood on my hand and on the gun.

                I crawled back away from her body as Jared grabbed her and flipped her over.

                The single gunshot had entered her chest on the left side.

                It went right through her heart.

                One shot one dead.

                Jared looked back at me as he smoothed the hair around her face, “What have you done to me?”

                I glanced up at him as Jensen stayed over by the door.

                Jared shook his head back at me, “You didn’t have to kill her.”

                “I'm sorry Jared.”

                “YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO FUCKING KILL HER!” Jared shouted back at me as he cried into her chest. “You didn’t have to kill her Victoria.”

                Jensen stepped back as the doors opened.

                Above the room, Samael glanced back at Klaus who was in shock at what had just happened.

                “You want to tell me again how your daughter has changed?” Samael blurted out.

                “You son of a bitch, you did this to her!” Klaus shouted back at him.

                Samael let out a laugh, “Your daughter is reacting on training. She saw Genevieve as a threat, so she finished that threat.”

                Klaus watched as a few guards removed Genevieve from the room.

                “What do you want from them?” Klaus looked back at him.

                “I want to see what she is. I understand you want that beautiful daughter back but you aren't gonna get that Klaus. You are not getting her back. My friend, you no longer has that happy baby that you had those years ago, your daughter is a cold hearted killer.”

                Klaus glared back at him.

                “Your daughter is going to pay for what she has done and there is nothing you can do about it.”

                Klaus looked at the two guards holding back his arms. “What are you doing Samael?”

                “I'm protecting what is mine.”

                “What is yours?”

                Samael laughed back at him as he looked down at Jared, Jensen, and me in the room. “I'm protecting my son.”

                Klaus was pushed out of the room as Samael turned to another guard, “Remove him from the room and I wanna see how they work alone in that room with one bullet left.”

                The guard nodded his head as he left Samael in the room alone.