What Lurks Beneath

Three hundred years ago, the world endured a cataclysmic shift. Global warming scorched the earth. Atomic, nuclear and biological weapons decimated the human population. And a combination of greed, violence, and Mother Nature's vengeance conspired to bring Hell to Earth. Demons run free. Magic flows like electricity. Humans have evolved into...more.

Now, it's all history.

At thirty-two, Luka's biggest concern are the nightmares that have plagued him for two years. Nightly whispers of violence, blood, and terror flood his veins, because he can't remember what happened during the revolts of Eranx. As one of only eight survivors from a city of a thousand, Luka is the only one to have held onto his sanity. For now.

For so long, he's kept himself apart from the rest of the world. Distant. Safe. Hidden behind the barrier of a byline. Lurking in the depravity of Club Aurtan. A place to unwind, to let go, to bask in the sin of passion and lust.

Until a kiss from the demon owner, Valentine, turns his world upside down and threatens to unlock the door within his mind. And when he discovers what lurks beneath the nightmares, Luka might just wish the truth had stayed hidden.