A Wolf Without Faith ~ Chapter 1

Porter wasn't going to like it. Not one bit. But Owin was sick of taking his boyfriend into account whenever he was out on the town. He'd been faithful and loyal for years and what did it get him? Cheated on.

With a skanky blonde girl, no less.

All of Porter's excuses for his behaviour were sickening, so Owin came here. To club Growler; some sort of cross between a gay bar and a prowler bar, according to the advertisements he'd seen on Porter's laptop. Not that he was supposed to be here, or on his boyfriend's laptop, but he'd lost the ability to care. The club looked fun and the rules displayed on the site were simple to follow.

So here he was, in a club he'd never even heard of before, eyeing up the hotties at the bar. He wore a blue tie, handed to him when he arrived. Most other clubs just stamped a hand or wrist and had it over with, but this place was special. The tie wasn't just admission, but a visual display of his dominant nature, the blue a representation of his preference to be a bottom in any hook up that might occur.

The group of four boys at the bar, three deep in conversation while the fourth sat alone, all wore dickie bows; the sign of submissive natures. The three boys had the deep green colour of pure submission. Boys that would do anything for a partner, whether of a one night stand or more permanent nature. The loner, however, had what the rules on the website claimed was a rare colour – grey. Grey, from what Owin could remember, meant that he wasn't looking for anyone at all. It was a sign of someone who was only a submissive because they didn't want to dominate. And Owin didn't really know what that meant. Especially in this context.

Growler was clearly a hook-up spot for gay men, so why would this sad looking man be here if he wasn't interested in any action?

Though six men grabbed Owin's interest throughout the night, two even joining him at the table, he couldn't stop thinking about Mr Grey. He was gorgeous, with that stylishly messy hair, closely shaved on either side and left long to flop over his eyes or be styled up on top; beautiful pouty lips and sad grey eyes. Despite the excess of hair on his forearms, his bushy brows and a decently attractive beard, he was pretty much Owin's ideal man in the looks department.

"You look preoccupied," one of the men noticed, smiling right up to his green eyes, only accentuated by his green dickie bow.

When he didn't answer right away, too busy watching Mr Grey finish his third drink of the last hour, a hand cupped his face and turned him until he faced Mr Green.

Owin couldn't remember his name. But when he was kissed, he allowed it and appreciated the soft, compliant lips that parted beneath his. He appreciated it all the more when Mr Green turned him towards Mr Orange – a switch – who also kissed him.

Reaching up with one hand, Owin grasped Mr Orange's hair and deepened the kiss, as Mr Green took his glass of whiskey from his free hand. Since it was free, he only moaned his approval when it was drawn down to cup Mr Green's hard dick, pushing through the fabric of his trousers.

Dragging his hand away, Owin got to his feet and stepped past Mr Green, leaving both him and Mr Orange confused. Until he reached the other side of the table and smiled. "Coming?" he asked, heading towards the back of the club, where there were private rooms.

Both boys grinned and followed eagerly. They were almost at the door leading to the private rooms when Owin caught a reflection in the mirrored door. Mr Grey was getting up and paying his bill. If he ever planned to solve the mystery of that strange man, it had to be now. "You boys go ahead and have fun. I have to do something, before I join you," he said, turning round and heading for the bar.

Though he could sense eyes on his back, almost feel the frustration of his two companions, he couldn't help himself. He felt compelled to follow Mr Grey, who chatted politely with the barman. From their body language, Owin guessed they knew each other, but that sad look never left Mr Grey.