X.

- chapter ten -
the case of new asgard,
a ravishing revenger and a three brain
cell non editing author.

recruiting banner was easier said and done but apparently everyone thought thor would be the difficult one which made me have a sinking feeling in the lowest pit of my stomach as the raccoon flew to new asgard.

yes, a real raccoon that actually talked in grammatically correct english sentences. but banner, banner was truly what sleep paralysis demons were made of. it was the hulk and banner mixed together and it looked horrifying, the only other thing that was more horrifying was all the questions and thoughts I had about his transformation.

"how much for the knife?" rocket asked, eyeing the knife that was strapped to my thigh by a brown leather holster. "not for sale raccoon," I mumbled glancing at the raccoon. he was extremely rude and brute for a animal that ate literal trash. "it's rocket-okay raccoon." I sat in the co piloting seat with my feet up on the dash. my hair was in two large cornrows that stopped a little below the middle of my back. they were messy with my curls poking out of every which way especially in the front. I was wearing a tight black tank top with khaki shorts that stopped a little bit above mid thigh to be completely honest I stole my look from lara croft.

the raccoon landed in a grassy field turning the ship off the whirling sound fading out. I got up stretching my arms out pressing a button letting the door open. "banner do you know where we're looking?" I asked as banner and rocket join me on both sides of me. "not sure but we can look for valkyrie, she'll know where thor is," bruce explained making my eyebrow raise. "who's valkyrie?" I pondered aloud, grass crunching under our feet as we walked closer to the bustling village.

"a friend I met, she's a little rough around the edges but she's nice once you get to know her," bruce said glancing over at me as we entered the village the townspeople beaming with smiles at bruce and me. "what are they staring at?" rocket whispering looking up to me before I shrugged. "I have no idea," I whispered back.

"valkyrie!" banner exclaimed walking up to a woman who was really attractive. her hair was in a winding braid that sat comfortably on her left shoulder while she wore all black attire with a bright yellow puffy vest.

"I think I liked you either of both ways," valkyrie sarcastically said looking at bruce up and down making me snort out a laugh in possibly, the most ugly way ever.

"so what brings you three here?" valkyrie asked sitting on the crate looking up at us. "we're looking for thor, we want to bring him back for a mission. oh yeah this is rocket and nyx," bruce explained and her face fell making me raise a eyebrow. "uh..thor is not the same," she sadly said and my head tilted to the side my stomach dropping.

"what happened?" banner question shoving his hands in his hoodie pockets. "all he's lost has consumed him. . .despair has consumed him completely," she uttered squinting at me slightly. "bring us to him," I firmly said ready to brace myself for absolutely anything. valkyrie blinked for a moment before getting up, "very well nyx."

quite frankly, I was trying to mentally prepare myself as we walked on the gravel path. "you know, if someone told me I'd be meeting nyx today. I wouldn't have expected you," valkyrie said glancing at me as she stood to my right with a playful smirk on her face. the sun sat on her face beautifully making her caramel skin take on a golden color.

"why do you say that valkyrie?" I ask in a soft tone raising a eyebrow at the attractive woman. "you can call me bruidihilde and you're very different from how you are written in tales," she explained shrugging keeping her gaze on me. "oh oshun, how am I written?" I asked slightly worried.