Go Away

They'd done it. Defeated Radley Madish for the second time and saved the world from him.

There were celebrations at hand. A big party on Captain Cori's boat, with catering courtesy of Papa Louie, much to the tired dismay of Alberto and Penny.

But amidst the celebrations, excitement and recovery, nobody noticed that someone had gone missing.

Radlynn.

She had no idea why she'd stayed (okay she did know why, she just didn't want to admit it). She had no way of getting home, and had no idea if anyone would help her. Hell, if her guesses were wrong she could get killed. Or just die from being stuck with nowhere to go.

She watched him silently from her spot beside a stalagmite. Watched him climb out of the broken, smoking rocket, looking bruised and battered. He stared around the empty cavern. For a few moments she panicked, thinking maybe he'd seen her, but he turned and started walking. Away.

Or rather, limping.

She slowly followed after him, hiding behind rocks and keeping close to the walls. He didn't look behind him, weirdly enough. Maybe she was better at sneaking than she thought, or maybe he didn't care about being followed. She watched him intently, taking in every detail about him. He was shaking the entire time. In anxiety? Pain? Anger? She had no idea.

She froze when she saw him come up to a house. A house in the cave, right there. Built into the rock with a door and windows and everything. He even had flowers in front of the windows for crying out loud!

It felt just...too normal. Too domestic. She didn't know what she'd been expecting, but it wasn't a quaint little cottage built into the cave. He unlocked his door and pushed it open slowly.

Then Radlynn made the worst mistake of her life.

She tried to quickly run from one stalagmite to another, for a better view of him. But she tripped. "Fucking shoelaces!" She thought right before she hit the hard stone ground.

Radley definitely heard that one. She sat up quickly and stared at him. He was facing her, a gun clutched tightly in his shaking hand. Radlynn backed up towards the cave wall.

"I-I-" she swallowed anxiously.

Radley stared her down, his mind racing with panic. He knew her. She was one of them, the humans he'd kidnapped. "She's back to kill me." He thought. "She's angry and going to kill me." Part of him was happy, he'd failed twice, what was the point in continuing on? On the other hand he was shaking with anger, with rage because it was her fault he was here. His fault he wasn't currently ruling the entire fucking universe. "Kill her!" The voice in his head screamed. "Kill her and make her pay!"

He...couldn't do it.

Watching her pressed against the wall in fear, staring at him, he couldn't bring himself to hurt her. She was one of the few people that actually cared about him, and even then she probably didn't care about him as a person.

He lowered the gun and glared at her. "Go away." She relaxed a bit. "Just... leave." She was surprised by the restraint in his voice. By the way he was barely stopping himself from screaming. She didn't know why though, why should he care about her?

"M-Mist-"

"I said get OUT OF HERE!" She shrunk back against the wall. She heard his front door slam shut, leaving her alone in the cave.