eighteen

AS jiyeon's eyes peak through the curtains, she heard the gentle tapping of raindrops against donghyuck's luxurious family villa's living room window. she gazed back when she heard a groan from the kitchen.

"if this rain doesn't stop i swear to god, i will actually cry. i didn't waste 7 hours in the car and a ship for this." renjun threw an apple at jeno from the kitchen counter.

donghyuck walks in, half drown from the rain. his hair lies inky about his face, hanging in clumps. jiyeon is puzzled as to why donghyuck spent more than 40 minutes trying to park his uncle's van, but doesn't feel like the need to ask him.

"did you guys decide what rooms are you guys staying in? because i'm staying with hana and i'm pretty sure jaemin's not leaving seol," he looks at jaemin who's sitting on the kitchen counter, "right?"

"more like i'm not leaving jaemin!" seolmin chimes from the comfortable leather sofa. "yeah we can tell.." donghyuck rolls his eyes.

laughing quietly at jiyeon's new friends bickering, she focused her attention back to the rain pattering against the window. "where are you staying?" donghyuck plopped down on the sofa beside her. turning to look at him, she sat comfortably.

"well, maybe with renjun? we can talk about all of his area 51 theories but to be fair, i'm fine with anyone to be hones—" jeno interrupted everyone's chores and conversation when he choked on the glass of water in his hand.

"you're staying with renjun?" jeno said abruptly interrupting everyone.

"i said, i'm fine with anyone." was all jiyeon responded, still sitting beside donghyuck comfortably. "at the end of the day, i have to either share with you, renjun or heejin anyways."

the room soon filled with laughter caused by jaemin's poor attempt at making a joke out of jeno wanting to share rooms with jiyeon. jiyeon hopes no can see the heat rising to her cheeks and her looking redder than the fresh tomatoes in the market.

"here me out, jeno stays with jaemin, renjun with hyuck, heejin and hana," seolmin gazes over to jiyeon, "she stays with me. now stop fighting."

jaemin, donghyuck and surprisingly jeno immediately stands straight on their legs to protest. "what do you mean i have to share rooms with jeno? do you even know how much he snores?" jaemin winced in pain when jeno smacked him on the shoulder.

"we're on vacation, let's just have fun."

___

everything was close to boiling out of those doors, a sunburn was definite, the air dry as though they lived in a desert. fortunately, on this particular day, the sky isn't gloomy, unlike yesterday where it wouldn't stop raining cats and dogs. the beaches are full of people as every store had everyone running around for a bottle of cold water and every ice-cream stand had dozens of customers waiting in line to have a tasty treat to refresh themselves.

jiyeon and seolmin's shared room was dark but the sunlight peaking out of the window's closed blinds could be seen. the walls were painted a pastel pink, there were small paintings. inside of the room there were two wooden desks, a big mirror and multiple beige marble cabinets as well as drawers all around the room, one of them placed beside the bed seolmin was sleeping under the covers of.

seolmin slowly shifted as she woke from her slumber, her hands pushing the hair that were covering her eyes as the rest of her hair was spread out on the pillow.

at her right was another bed that was so close to hers it almost made it look like they were the same one sharing the same height and decor. jiyeon sleeping soundly under the covers in a position where her back was turned against her.

"9:30 am.." the digital clock hanging on the wall said in a bold red font.

seolmin and jiyeon soon started panicking at the thought of donghyuck's plans of sightseeing which starts at 8am. the girls frantically got dressed within 15 minutes, barely getting their hair and makeup done.

"donghyuck's gonna kill us today." jiyeon mumbled and slowly opened the door to the sight of renjun slumped down on the couch, jeno, donghyuck and heejin eating the half burnt toast with their eyes barely open and donghyuck sitting in the balcony, almost half asleep.

"what the fuck man, why do you all look dead?" seolmin asked, placing a kiss on her boyfriend's cheek and hugging him from the back.

"we all woke up late, please mind your business." renjun groaned as he took another bite of the burnt toast made by none other than donghyuck.

"you guys are getting ready in 10 mins or else i'm going back to sleep." jiyeon threatened.

____
seolmin and jiyeon somehow convinces everyone to finally get dressed within 20 minutes. the rest of the day is spent joking about the watermelon prints on renjun's swim trunks, hana refusing to eat seafood and sticking with chicken even in the coastal area.

donghyuck discovered a secluded beach away from all the tourists crowding and littering everywhere. the rest of the evening is wasted having coconut water, everyone making disgusted faces when jaemin and seolmin abandoned everyone to sit on the sand alone, away from everyone to enjoy the sunset.

"when does the sun even set?" renjun said with the straw still in his mouth. "do i look like a weather forecaster to you?" donghyuck retorted.

in the midst of donghyuck, renjun bickering jiyeon felt a tap on her shoulder. she gazed back to meet the eyes of jeno. "do you wanna go there—" jeno pointed towards the benches at the end of the beach, far away from everyone, "you can get good sunset views i suppose." jiyeon nods in approval and follows behind jeno.

jeno watches the sea, lost in the rhythmic percussion of waves on sand. his eyes are steady to the horizon, face aglow with the orange rays before twilight beckons the stars. his lips bear the semblance of a smile, just enough to show that he is enjoying this particular moment. jiyeon moves closer so that he feels her presence, yet stays quiet, allowing him to stay lost in the moment a while longer.

"what are you so quiet for?" jiyeon finally breaks the silence, snapping jeno out of his thoughts.

"just..thinking, nothing much." jeno says, his eyes still watching how the sea blends in with the orange hued sky.

jeno glanced over at jiyeon peacefully watching the sea, but found himself feeling nothing but calm. jiyeon looked the same to him like she always does, but somehow she looked different. impulsively jeno reached out to brush a strand of hair away from jiyeon's face and behind her ear.

"oh yeah, this wind is fucking up my hair—

"you're really... pretty."

the words hung in the air, before jeno finally realised what he had just said. she immediately flushed and looked away, so did jeno.

jiyeon cleared her throat, "thanks i guess."

omg look at that 2 seconds
of fluff