twenty seven

JENO'S focus was scattered, so filled with nervous anticipation was he, excited, even giddy. he couldn't hold a conversation or sit still while his thoughts danced in infinite directions. he couldn't picture anything - holding hands, a tingling feeling spreading throughout his entire body, just like he had seen in romantic movies.

both of them walked silently along the sidewalk. the sound of the birds chirping was the only thing making it less awkward for jeno.

jiyeon stopped. her gaze fell on the water, where the orange hue of the sun setting was reflecting.

"it's beautiful here, right?" she said quietly.

"yeah, thank god it's not that crowded today," jeno replied, pondering the question he asked himself.

"still, it's so peaceful, imagine if no one was here," jiyeon replied, her gaze did not move from the surface of the river.

"do you wanna eat anything?" jeno asked.

"i like the sound of it, but i wanna see the sunset," she said. "sunsets, they have a special place in my heart. i've always had this dream since i was 13 of kissing someone with the sunset and the sound of the waves in the background."

"i didn't know you were the romantic type," jeno wondered, now sitting on the grass followed by jiyeon.

"i don't confide in many people," jiyeon confessed, turning to him.

there was a strange atmosphere between them. neither of them didn't know why they went together, why they talked about the romantic sound of water and how they should continue in this conversation.

jeno also looked ahead. he silent, watching the orange hue perfectly reflecting on water.

"i care about you, jeno," jiyeon started a new conversation. "more than anyone else, actually," and turned to him.

jeno looked into her eyes, which he hadn't even seen until now. the uncomfortable warm feeling in his stomach culminated, his whole body trembling, and he knew now or never. he had nothing to lose except a friendship.

he kissed her. softly. he held her cheeks with both hands, resting his forehead on her. "me too," he said quietly.

the next few seconds were like hours. did he destroy their friendship? will she call him disgusting for kissing her out of the blue?  there were millions of questions in his head, and he heard nothing, only jiyeon's breath.

but another unexpected situation stoped him from thinking. jiyeon kissed him back. at first gently, but then she pushed his hands away from her face with her hand. she grabbed him by the back and pulled him closer. with one hand she held him tightly around his back. she began kissing him more passionately, without breaks.

jeno pulled away, breathing heavily.

"um, thanks for today! i'll see you.." he looked down at his feet, "i'll see you soon, i guess."

do u guys ever wanna
punch jeno bc he's
a coward