Chapter 1

~~Partly Edited~~

The first thing I remember is the feeling of small fluffy wiggle things around me, and the taste of mother's warm sweet milk. I pushed and shoved to get closer to Mom so I could get more of her addicting milk.

My siblings had the same thought and they pushed and shoved me as well, but they were not going to stop me. I pushed harder and whined to get closer.

But with no luck, I plopped down on my bottom and whined. Calling for my mother. I soon felt Mom pick me up by my scruff and she put me in between her paws and snuggled up next to me as the rest of my siblings fell asleep.

Days went by like that, wake up, drink, go to sleep, repeat. Until finally, my eyes opened. And wow! What a big world it is! I could barely see a brown wall ahead of me, and to my right was another brown wall! And to my left! I turned around to see what was behind me and there I saw her, Mom.

I whined and wobbled over to her, tripping and falling over my own 4 feet. She was huge and beautiful! She was brown and black pattern on her back and top of her head, and her stomach and paws were white.

I looked behind her and saw another brown wall. I was about to drink Mom's milk when I was tackled by my older brother. I yipped and tried to push him off me, but he was too big.

"Mom! Mom! Help me!" I called. I heard a soft laugh.

"You need to learn how to do things on your own sweetie. Use his size against him, use your smallness to your advantage. Find a way around." I whined softly.

Find a way around... Use his size against him... Use my size to my advantage.

I repeated in my head. I wiggled and pushed and moved out of his grip. I yipped with joy! I had done it! I then hobbled out of his way as he pounced on me again.

I then pounced on him! Getting onto his back, he flopped down with the extra weight.

"Ha!" I yipped out at him. He huffed and rolled over, pinning me below him again.

Around and around we went. Tackling each other until the other puppies interfered. We then had an all out puppy play time. Eventually we all fell asleep on each other, me on top!

After nap time, I woke up first. I rolled down the puppy pile and over to sleeping mom. I nudged her with my face.

"Mom!" A called. "Mommy!" She woke up and yawned.

"Yes honey?" She said.

"What's Dad like?" She smiled.

"He is a hero, dear." She said in a dreamy far off voice. "Your father is the bravest dog I know, he looked just like your oldest sister, all black with a little white on his paws.

Your father would go on crazy missions with his handler, he has saved so many people." She went on and on about him. I laid down and pictured everything. A brave dog running into danger to save a child. A dog running after a bad guy. A dog pouncing on a stranger with a gun to save his handler.

A few more awesome days went past like this, eat, play, sleep, listen to stories about Dad, repeat. I got bigger and stronger, it was easier to tackle my siblings now and even though I am smaller than them, I win almost every time!