March 14, White Day

Joshua woke up to the vibration of his phone. That wasn't at all odd, except it wasn't playing his alarm tone, it was playing '1004 Angel' by BAP, Jeonghan's special song. He smiled, rolling over and checking his messages. The light blinded him but soon enough he could read his screen and reply to whatever Jeonghan said.

MY ANGEL

I hope you're ready for tonight, you're

gonna love it!!!

ME

I'm so excited! I wish you'd tell me what

we're doing tho :(

MY ANGEL

No! You'll see tonight! Now get to class

and have fun,,, I love you <3<3<3

ME

Fine, i'll go but i can't promise i'll have

fun,, I love you too <3<3<3

Joshua squealed, legs kicking under his blankets. It was embarrassing, but no matter how many times it happened, Joshua was filled with giddiness whenever Jeonghan told him he loved him. He'd never thought it would happen, but here he was six months in, and in love with the most amazing boy. Jeonghan's love wasn't something he took lightly.

He rolled over, checking his alarm clock. Jeonghan's message had woken him up about ten minutes before his alarm usually would, so he was perfectly on time. He climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom to start his day. He showered quickly, wanting to give himself enough time to pick out a nice outfit. He didn't know what they were going to do, or when they were going to do it, so he wanted to be ready for anything.

He stood in front of the mirror for a few minutes before nodding to himself. It was a good outfit, not too nice where he'd look out of place during class, but nice enough he could go out to dinner if he had to. He groaned in frustration as he sat down on the floor to pull his shoes on. The worst part of this whole holiday thing was the fact that everything was a surprise. He liked knowing what was going to happen. Surprises were more Jeonghan's area, he could roll with anything that happened to him and make it look like he'd been prepared for it all along. It was amazing.

Joshua locked his door and made his way to campus. It wasn't that long of a walk, but the more he walked the more confused he got. Walking through campus, little booths littered the sidewalks. They were each manned by one or two people, and they appeared to be selling flowers, and something they kept grabbing out of coolers. One of the signs he passed said, "Forget your girlfriend's present? Get her gift here!" Clearly, these booths had something to do with the holiday of the month, but all the signs were too vague for him to figure out. He had thought to ask one of the people running a booth but decided that Jeonghan would get upset if he found out. So far the booths just looked like they were selling things for Valentine's Day, so Joshua figured it wasn't a very special holiday like Diary Day.

He weaved through the booths and throngs of people, deciding to just head to class. If he spent any more time near the booths he'd be late for class, and Seungcheol wouldn't let him hear the end of it. He made his way into the building, slipping quietly into his classroom, pleased to see that he had beaten Seungcheol to class. He took his seat, waving at Jeonghan's friend Sehun when the older boy waved at him. He was only alone for a few more minutes before a hand clapped on his shoulder.

Seungcheol's deep voice greeted him, "Joshie! You beat me again! I thought you'd be late, too busy dreaming about tonight."

As Seungcheol sat in the seat next to him Joshua scoffed, "Please, I've never been late in my life and I'm offended you'd think I would start now. Besides, what is your obsession with me and these holidays anyway?"