•5•

Samantha POV

I smile at Audrey, glad to see the twinkle in her jade eyes. I set my hand on her shoulder and give it a little squeeze. Her lips lift up a little bit at the gesture. 

I get myself up off of the couch, wave my hand, and all but the white candles go out. A sharp intake of breath from Audrey tells me that she saw my action.

My feet pad into the lit kitchen. The reminder from Dominic to get out of here as quick as possible pops up in my head as I look out my kitchen window out on to the street.

My hands move fluidly as I whisk up the batter, prepare the waffle maker, and make the waffles. My body moves on autopilot. My mind drifts off into different subjects, from gardening to the Vietnam war. For being alive for 150 years (going on 151), I've seen a lot of shit go down.

I lived through the last couple of years of the American Civil War, WWI, WWII, The Cold War, and the Vietnam War. A lot of native monsters were killed while trying to defend their countries and I almost got thrown into the mix too. But I only sent foods and potions to the witches in Europe so that they can destroy the Nazis, who were killing them and a whole lot of other people.

I quit working for Hell after the 1970s after The Queen killed Riley. At first, I lived in rental homes and apartments all across the United States and the world so that I can expand my cultural experiences. Then after I got my fill of foreign foods, I built my house in the Ohio woods where Riley is buried. But after I kept reading bad signs in the stars, smoke, and terra cards, I got an apartment in the capital of Ohio so that I have a backup. I haven't been back to the burnt down house in two years, it just hurts too much.

My mind is jerked back into the present time after I finished making breakfast. Waffles and freshly squeezed orange juice sit on the counter. All of the dishes and utensils are washed and drying in the drying rack.

"Hey, um... Breakfast is ready." I voice, but Audrey doesn't reply. I turn around and walk over to her. Her hand is repetitively stroking the moon pillow.

"Audrey." My feet carry me over to her as I sit across from her on the couch. The moon dust energy within her charges me with great power. Her body is probably sending out a strong signal too. Another reason to get her into the wards around my house so that no one can track her.

My hand grabs hers off of the pillow and her head snaps up.

"I didn't even see you sit down." I crack a small smile.

"It's fine. Breakfast is ready, and I need to tell you about more things." She nods her head.

I stand up and walk back into the kitchen, Audrey on my heels. We grab what we want to eat and we take a seat on the couch. We sit in silence, watch the white candles flicker. Once I'm done with my huge waffle, I set my place and glass on the floor. Audrey is still picking at her half of a waffle she split. Her fork is covered in peanut butter and hot fudge.

"Audrey," I say softly to get her attention. Her head flicks over to me, eyes wide.

"What?" She licks her lips a smears peanut butter on them. I hand her my napkin before talking.

"I'm going to be explaining a lot of different things, so interrupt me when you have a question." Audrey folds my napkin up after wiping off her lips.

"Okay, so Hannah sent you to live with me because of the ancient magic in you. I don't know whether you inherited it, or it was cursed upon you, or the moon wanted you to have it. I believe that it was dormant in you until you fought your ex." I follow the outline of Audrey's face as I speak, analyzing this mysterious girl.

"I myself gain my magic abilities from my ancestors that were murdered hundreds of years ago. I was born at the beginning of the American Civil War. That would make me about 150 years old." I pause, letting her digest the information and her food.

"I believe that the magic inside of you is moon dust. The last dust was used on this Earth thousands of years ago. But your body possesses dust which gives you very powerful abilities." Her eyes scrunch up in confusion, but she still doesn't interrupt me. 

"The episode that you had earlier was related to the Moon Dust, but I dont know why it did that. The frostbite and no oxygen was coming from the atmosphere around you. The moon dust basically made you breathe in the atmosphere up in space."

"That's not possible." She mumbles, looking down at her plate.

"Look at me... I know that it doesn't make sense. Nothing makes much sense after your past boss is a demon and your ex is a demon hunter. They never interacted, but it's still no as weird as a vampire and an angel having eye sex in the middle of dinner." I grin, remembering Zack, and the awkward angle.

Audrey just gives me an indescribable face. I smile at her expression.

"Anyway, the moon dust is very valuable in the supernatural world, so Hannah believes that you are being watched from a distance. By who or what, we don't know." As I say that, I watch as Avery gains physical chills.

I shake my head a little before continuing.

"On a better note, we will not be staying here for much longer because, in order to keep you safe, we need to travel to my house in the middle of a forest."

"The Queen of Hell has been seeing a war brewing for the last century, and I think that you are the key point of starting the war." I say as I grab her hand.

"You don't need to worry. My house is charmed to accommodate to the current century and your tastes. So your living area will be to your comfort."

"But what about the thing watching me?" Her voice quivers at the end as she grips onto my hand.

"Jullian and Dominic are securing the perimeter around the forest, and I'll put up wards to hide your magic as much as I can. But I'm warning you now. Once I set up the wards at the hut, you cant go anywhere without me. My power will mask yours. Any Supernatural being will stay far away from us."I see her physically relax after a moment of silence.