Chapter Twenty-One: March 6th 2017

True P.O.V

I couldn't help but smile as I watched the car get closer and closer to the mansion. The closer the car got, the more excited I seemed to get. I began to yank Alister to make him keep up with me, that was how excited I was. I could tell that my excitement was noticeable and maybe passing onto Alister as he lightly chuckled, allowing me to pull on his arm to drag him to the entryway. I couldn't help myself but be excited. I haven't seen my brothers in weeks, and I haven't had an extended period away from them that.

The car continued to drive until it was parked in front of the mansion. From one of the many windows near the door in the main hall, I could see Bryan practically jump out of the car, followed shortly by Michael who looked excited as well, but less than Bryan who was currently running up the small set of stairs to get on the front porch.

When Bryan stood in front of the door, he was about to start knocking continuously before I beat him to the door, yanking the door open as quickly as I could. I could hear Bryan squeal in excitement, before rushing the small distance to me, wrapping his arms around me. I was thankful that he didn't do it as tightly as I know he could have because it would have hurt me more then I'd probably admit to him. Even if he did end up hurting me, I wouldn't say it to him.

Michael came into the house, quietly shutting the door behind him before looking at me. My eyes met his and I held my spare arm out and Michael wasted no time rushing towards me like Bryan had done moments earlier. It was nice finally being reunited with my brothers. Unlike with my other family members, I had known that seeing these two wouldn't have pulled that many bad memories.

Chris had made it his goal in life to manipulate the twins, and soon after Bryan, into verbally abusing me since they couldn't really harm me physically yet. Michael did it a whole lot less then Madisyn and I think it pulled from his quiet, introverted-ness. It made him turn out to be a better person than say Chris and even Madisyn.

We finally released from the hug, me looking the two of them over once, happy to see they both looked fine, healthy. I don't know what I would have done if I noticed anything out of place. I was their older brother after all, regardless of the past. It was normal to be protective of your siblings, especially the youngest. Even more so when they didn't do anything to harm me, bonus points for Bryan.

"It is so good to see you guys," I say, glancing between the two of them. I could tell that Bryan was extremely content just being with me, but I could see questions in Michael's eyes. I knew that he'd probably have questions, as well as Bryan. Most likely on my disappearance, where I had been, along those lines. I would have wanted to know to if I was in their place. "Let's go into the living room," I say, wanting to sit down. I turn to head into the living room and wasn't surprised to see Alister was retreating from the scene, probably noticing that this was a family moment, and to not freak my brothers out.

I walked towards the living room, knowing my brothers were following behind me. It was nice to have them in my presence again, considering the amount of time it's been. For the weeks I was gone, their hair has gotten a little bit longer, just barely noticeable but I was their brother, it was my job to notice that kind of stuff.

When we all sat down, it was quiet for maybe two seconds before Bryan began to bombard me with questions.

"Where did you go?"

"Why were you gone for so long?"

"When are you coming home?"

"Why-"

"Bryan one question at a time, geez," Michael said, stopping our brother from his questions. I could tell that Michael was curious, probably for the same reasons, but it was helpful that he stopped Bryan. I wouldn't have been able to keep up.

"Okay, the first one is a long, long story, probably for another time," I said, not sure that I should tell my brothers that I was kidnapped because I don't think that they should have to worry about things like that at their age. "I didn't have control in how long I was gone, I'll leave it at that," I paused thinking of his third question and internally winced. For one, I didn't want to return home. As much as I loved my siblings, I don't think my mother would welcome me into the home with open arms. I think things would be better for my family if I wasn't in the same house as them.

"I don't think I will be coming back home," I said hesitantly and the reaction was immediate.

"What do you mean? Why not?" Bryan asked. He seemed to regret asking after, remembering everything I had been through, or what little of it he knows about. By the end of the day, I know my brothers only know a small portion of everything I have lived with. I don't think they will ever know the entire story and I think it is better that way.

"It's better that I don't go home, Bry, as much as I'll miss seeing you guys every day," I said, and it seemed to appease Bryan slightly, although he still looked like he didn't like it. I didn't want to burst his bubble but it was my choice and it was a safer place here, believe it or not, then at home. I'd probably be an emotional and mental wreak if I was forced to enter that house right now.

After I said, that it was my turn to ask questions about them, how things were. They mentioned how home was little better, how much they missed me. It was nice, being with them. It made me wish that things could have been like this before everything had happened.

Oh well, we can't change the past.