ch. 0 || The Prelude

The Will Of Fire was a belief instilled into Konohan's mind that everybody in Konoha was a family, and therefore should be treated with love, care and respect

The Will Of Fire, to shinobi, meant that every action they made should be for the sake of the village, no matter what they had to sacrifice.

The Will Of Fire was meant to protect everybody. But it didn't, because the Will of Fire is a paradox. How could everyone be protected, if few had to be sacrificied?

And that was why, because of the Will Of Fire's oxymoron, the Curse of Hatred was born.

●●

Sarutobi Hiruzen was supposed to be chilling at the bathhouse.

He was just about to soak his flesh in the soothing watersㅡthen that damned messenger clone just had to show up at that exact moment and ruin everything.

Now, rather than relaxing, Hiruzen was stuck in a council meeting with the village elders, and the truth was those were the worst type of meetings. Danzou would always find a reason to disagree with him and Koharu would always find some bogus way to support Danzou. Then Homura, rather than being a mediator, would just reprimand Hiruzen for being so soft. Hiruzen grimanced, just knowing this meeting would be no different and his opinion would be ignored again.

Why did they even bother summoning him? What was so urgent about the meeting?

And if it were so urgent, why was the Fourth Hokage late?

Perhaps it was because he was stuck preparing for the Konoha Founding Festival, which celebrated the events that led up to Konoha's creation and the people who had a hand in it, like the Senju. The streets were packed with decorations and people were burstling around trying to get things ready. The Hokage was supposed to oversee those things, and as simple as it sounds, it was one of the most time consuming things of the job...other than the paperwork.

Hiruzen was brought back to earth when a poof sound was made, and the middle seat was suddenly enveloped in a cloud of smoke. He expected Minato, but the chakra he felt beside him was nothing like the man he chose to succeed him.

Rather, it was his long time friend and arguably the most twisted member of the Konoha elders.

Shimura Danzou.

Both men acknowledged each other with a simple nod of their heads, but Hiruzen's eyes lingered a little longer. Danzou was seated in the middle, leaving the chair next to him empty.

'How strange. Usually, the Hokage's occupies that chair. '

Speaking of Minato, he was taking quite a lot of time.