ch. 1 || October 1st

"I would like to report a crime, Danzou-sama

"I would like to report a crime, Danzou-sama."

"A crime, you say?"

"Yes. The murder of Hatake Kakashi and a planned civil war."

"The Uchiha did it, I suppose?"

"How...yes, Danzou-sama."

"Hm. Things are moving quicker than I expected. I had wanted to take them out all out once, but I suppose I could leave them with just a warning."

"A warning?"

"Yes. You see, the Uchiha Shinobi are in a meeting tonight, leaving their house vulnerable to attack."

"Danzou-sama, are you...are you suggesting..."

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm suggesting, Shisui."

: :

October 1st was supposed to be a happy day.

Minato was given a week long break from the stressful but fufilling work of being Hokage, being temporarily replaced by Hiruzen. He smiled as he remembered the old man giving him a pat on the back, telling him he needed to spend time with his family for a change.

"Naruto's birthday is on the first, correct?" Hiruzen had said as he led Minato out of his office. "Take the week off then. Leave everything to me."

Minato's eyes widened. "HokaㅡSarutobi sama, I can't. We're still recovering from the Konoha Festival, there's the Uchiha Police Force meeting at seven, and the economic dispute between theㅡ"

"It is not up for debate, Minato. Spend some time with your family, and leave the official matters to me." Hiruzen paused. "One day it might be too late, and you'll be regretting every second of their lives you missed."

To soften his ominous words, the ex Hokage smiled.

So, it was settled. Minato would spend the week with his hot-headed wife and his equally hot-headed son, not caring about the village's problems for a passing moment

It was for the best. His son was getting older and Minato feared he was missing out on the best days of his life. His wife was also bearing his second child, and the due date was drawing near. So Minato had to be around them more often, rather than cramped up in his office buried under a stack of papers.

But he couldn't seem to shake off the feeling that he was missing something important.

Perhaps it was just withdrawal symptoms? He was a workaholic, after all.